Care Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Bear

Last week I took the last of my OH’s clothes to the charity shop but as I was unloading them I looked at a fleece type of jacket in a tweed pattern and saw a Care Bear. I put a note on the village site and had several offers to make one. A lady came yesterday and said the jacket would make one and showed me her work. The jacket material is ideal and the jacket also had some corduroy on the collar and cuffs which she was pleased about for nose and paws, sadly no buttons, just poppers. I told my GD1 yesterday and she made no comment. I am quite excited to see it when she has finished it.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

I have seen those here Plant, also patchwork blankets made out of shirts etc, how long will it take the lady to make it??

Comment

Not sure Lizzie, she is in the process of making one and she is very busy, wears several hats in the village.

Comment

Aww Plant, that is a lovely idea .
        Its something I may consider as I have clothes of my dad's ( which mum had kept) and my mum's.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

MIL had one made out of FILs shirt and favourite cardigan , his cardigan had leather buttons on so the lady who made it used them for eyes ,
          I must admit she did a lovely job of it .
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I think keepsakes like that are a great comfort to a lot of people, and I know a lot of love and care goes into the making of them.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Several family members had some made from Mam and Dads clothes.

There is something about the faces i don't like, they all have pointed faces.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nanto, I know what you mean. I always feel a bit spooked by things like dolls, waxworks, puppets etc.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

My GD1 doesn’t like dolls, puppets and even the dummies in shops. I will try and post a picture when it is made.

Comment

Working...
                  X