• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly tipping

This gets my blood boiling ,
    Today on way home from MILs we went to Farmfoods before going to Aldi ,
    Our Farmfoods we have to go through a very pretty village to get to it ,
    Coming back we usually take a different country road past a huge field with lovely horses in ,
    Lots of people stop and feed them carrots or apples ( I think they shouldn’t without owners consent ) but that’s just my opinion .

Anyway half way down the lane in a little siding there was a Hot tub with all the pipe work etc Dumped in the siding ,
    We drove a little further and there was a big white bag of rubbish and a mattress right outside the paddock gates

These are close enough for the horses to get their heads over to get to them .
    Not only that whoever owns the paddock would have to move it to get to them .

I feel so sorry for the land owners having to deal with and pay for this stuff to be taken away all because of lazy scumbags .

To make matters worse this paddock is not 10 minutes away from our local tip so no excuse for fly tipping there or anywhere for that matter 🤬
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Don't get me started on this topic Oma.
    It happens in our area as well.
    Someone did get fined for it a few months ago.
    They left rubbish with letters in. The council got their name and address.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

It happens here too and there is really no need for it as we have two disposal places quite near.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I hate it. Litter everywhere as well! The worst I've ever seen was a large domestic chest freezer, dumped on its side with defrosted food pouring out of it - in a car park in the forest where there are always ponies and other livestock.

Nanto, if more people got prosecuted for it they would start to think twice before dumping their rubbish everywhere.
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh Daisy, that is an unspeakable thing for someone to do.

Comment

I agree, Plant. How could anyone be so cruel as to risk the lives of animals by doing that. I reported it to the agisters, because they would go straight out to deal with it.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

It's disgusting Oma.

They have to load them into a van to drive them, so why not drive them to the right place??
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

We just went to the Artisan bakery ,
                As we we’re driving along the highway there was a van that collects clothing and his back door was open ,
                Several opened bags of clothes fell out and clothing was strewn across the busy carriages.
                Loads of people tooting their horns to get his attention but he kept going ,
                He eventually pulled over about a mile down the road .

Someone must have phoned the police as on our way back the road was closed and cleansing were clearing it away ,
                So dangerous

Comment

This topic also makes my blood boil .
                  We have seen many a beauty spot ruined by fly tippers
                  We had a neighbour who was even to lazy to put his old sofa and mattress in the car and dump it in a country lane, he just dumped it in his front garden but the council refuge collectors took photos of it and he was reported to the council who soon made him clear it up.

There is a beautiful pool where swans nest but they share their nests with discarded drink cans and fast food containers, its so heart breaking
                  Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, no wonder wild life is suffering when people pollute their environment with rubbish. It's heartbreaking.

I hate to see rubbish lying around anywhere, but I bet after this Bank holiday week-end the Forest will be covered in it.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Mimi, that is awful, poor swans.

Comment

It’s not just the younger generation either ,
                        I have see old people throw cigarette packs and sandwich packs on the ground almost next to a bin .

We we’re once in Sainsburys and a lady with I presume her grandchild in the trolly , open a banana and throw the skin on the floor and kick it under the shelves . Someone pulled her up about it but she just told thenm to mind their own business

Shocking isnt it considering we were a generation that was taught to take our rubbish home with us .

Comment

Presumably not paid for either.

Comment

The country needs a total mind re-set on the topic of fly tipping and litter.

It could be done if there was enough backing from all sections of society. Remember when seat belts first became compulsory? Lots of people refused to wear them, but if they were caught and fined they soon changed their minds. Same thing with drinking and driving - totally unacceptable now, and smoking almost everywhere isn't allowed and people accept that, too.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the same mindset could be brought to littering and fly tipping.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                            X