Two different worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two different worlds

This morning I spent a couple of hours sitting in a busy, functional, noisy and brightly lit hospital waiting room while OH was waiting for treatment on his eye. We both got home tired, stressed and unusually hungry, even though nothing had gone wrong, and even the traffic had been less busy than usual.

Late this afternoon I needed to get outside and took Eva for a long walk. The sun was shining with that lovely gentle light you get just before sunset, there were no people around, the birds were singing and I walked for about an hour or so. When we got back to the car I felt 100% better.

It made me think that often we absorb the stress of our busy, noisy world, but when it gets too much for us we need an antidote to it all, whether it's a walk like I had today, or a hobby, or seeing a friend or relative, reading a book, or just sitting quietly and letting our thoughts wander.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Daisy, you are so right.

Those things are healing and although they can't cancel out the stressful experiences they go a long way to redress the balance.

Sometimes after a stressful day just the thought of getting home, putting PJs on and closing the door on the day can help.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, that's it exactly. Perhaps we all need to find what redresses the balance in our lives. Going out for a walk away from traffic, noise and lots of people seems to do it for me.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I’m with Gem , closing the door getting PJs on makes me so much more relaxed .
        I know it sounds strange but me on my own washing dishes calms me , it’s my quiet time to just relax and think.
        B thinks I’m strange but we all have our little quirks that we find relaxing.
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Daisy, i can well understand what you mean about a walk making you feel better.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Working...
          X