What's going on Amazon?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on Amazon?!

This morning I had an e mail from Amazon which looks genuine.
    It claims my order of two books has been despatched.

These are books I ordered as Christmas presents which have already been despatched, last October!
    When I click on Track Your Package it takes me to the original order, showing when it was delivered
    I will wait and see what happens.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem, I wonder about these huge companies who seem to get involved in all our lives. Hopefully that's just a 'glitch' in their system. Let us know if you get a surprise parcel.

We've had a frustrating experience with Amazon too. I ordered my new electronic piano from them way back in January. It was "in stock" so I placed the order. However there was no delivery date. Cutting a long story short, we cancelled. They said we couldn't cancel it. We said we just did. Eventually they said when it was delivered we could just return it. The courier arrived to collect it - on the day BEFORE it was delivered! You couldn't make it up.

I've talked (endlessly) about our broad band experience. Earlier this week OH got an email from the provider to say the router etc would be delivered in the next couple of days. We'll wait and see what happens next, as it was all fitted on 1st March! Plus all the duplicated equipment they sent, which we are still waiting to get instructions about returning.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Getting worse ,
      Amazon delivered a box the size of a old telephone book to my DD last week inside was a returns label she had requested .
      A box not a envelope or one of those little flat packs a full blown box .
      Talk about waste

I ordered some soft top socks from Matalan as they had none in shop ,
      Got a email yesterday to say one lot were not in stock so they refunded money for those ,
      Then I received another email not 10 minutes later to tell me both lots are ready to pick up , so are they all there or not ?
      Be a surprise when I go for them .
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

You can't make it up sometomes can you.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing springs to mind in most of these cases .
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

That's so true, Gem. Everything is governed by a huge computerised system that none of the staff seem to have a total overview on and when you ring up they can only follow their 'script' and have no authority to do anything to help.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
            X