No cabbage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cabbage!

When I did our online grocery order last night, I was surprised to see there was no cabbage. All I can think is that everyone is celebrating St Patrick's Day today with a big pot of Colcannon!

​​​​​​
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

No 2 finger Kit Kats for us and no plain Kettle chips.
    Not sure if those are implicated in St Patrick's Day
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Well, its our shopping day tomorrow.
      We are going to Wakefield,so we will be shopping in Sainsburys.
      I'll take notice to see if any shelves are empty.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We could get green cabbage but no Cavolo Nero that we like ,
        Tesco didn't have Mushrooms in not even the button ones.
        Aldi had sold out of Hot cross buns of all things.
        Bs sister said Morrisons had no eggs at all in the branch near her.
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, it seems the supermarkets have supply problems with quite random things just lately. We got send large eggs instead of medium ones, and this happens quite often.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Green beans and carrots make up the main staples of my vegetable diet as I can eat as much as I like of those with no bad effects.
            Last week local Sainsbury's and the large out of town store had NO green beans, not did the village greengrocer!! Fortunately some did arrive with Friday's Tesco delivery.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, green beans are one of our staples as well and I keep a packet in the freezer in case I can't get fresh ones. I usually buy the Sainsbury's Imperfectly Tasty - both beans and carrots are often fresher than the ordinary ones and I don't mind if they are odd shapes and sizes as long as they taste good.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We love green beans also they are so tasty and versatile,
                I like them pickled on a salad , in stir fries they add a good crunch , they even go in a curry
                We keep some in the freezer along with Spinach , you get more value for money with frozen spinach against fresh ,

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

My grouse is no turnips despite what Therese Coffey says. Then I discovered that it’s no longer worth while for farmers here to grow them because of the consequences of Brexit! Who knew?

Comment

I love French beans
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                    X