A Year in the New Forest video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Year in the New Forest video

This has just been publicised by the New Forest National Park. It was made by a newcomer to the Forest during his first year of living here. It's 15 minutes long, so you may not want to watch it, but it's so beautiful I wanted to share it.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CydHCzgNIQ
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Will watch as soon as I get a free hour!

Comment

Daisy, I want to watch it very much. As I am having an enforced morning at home I will watch it later!
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

There does seem to be rather a lot of the footage shot in pouring rain, but we do get sunshine as well!
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I had a quick look and fast forward a little , the Stag coming out of the mist is amazing , I will watch it all later today 😁
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, the red stags in particular are magnificent. There's one section where you can see the stag bellowing - it's usually during the rutting season when they are gathering their harems of does. There's also some footage of white deer which is caused by a gene mutation and is quite common.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Will definitely watch it now , I have a love of anything deer related they are so majestic.😁

Comment

They are mesmerising. I've never seen anything like the huge herd of fallow deer I saw a few weeks ago. I'll never forget that sight.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I have watched some of it, certainly magical. My OH and I visited the the area many times but never walked in the area shown. thanks Daisy. I will watch the rest later.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

That's a beautiful video Daisy. I enjoyed watching it, Thank you
                    What a wonderful place to live.
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Just watched it through , how beautiful.
                      When he was standing in the glade with the sun shining on him through the trees , he must have felt he was in heaven ,
                      I didn’t understand at first why the man with the tripod moves to the left quickly till I saw the beautiful antlers in the mist by the tree on the right ,

When the Stags lose their antlers do the forest rangers gather them up or are they just left ?
                      I suppose it would be impossible to collect all of them.

Comment

I'm so glad you are enjoying the video. It is a wonderful, magical place to live, and we are incredibly lucky.

Oma, I think the Agisters (the people who care for the animals on the Forest) collect them as they find them and I imagine they are sold. If you've ever bought an antler chew for Storm you will know they fetch a good price. I don't know what the legality is if a member of the public finds one. I imagine it 'disappears' but in general you need to have the appropriate Forest rights to collect things you find.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy so far I haven’t been able to watch it full screen, should I be able to.
                          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, it's a YouTube video, so yes, you should be able to open the video and click on the little square in the bottom right hand corner to the picture. You could try copying and pasting the link into your browser and try it that way. I hope it works for you. x

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

It’s a beautiful set of images. Such a talented photographer. My only caveat is that it’s impossible to remove the ‘music’. Surely one of the best parts of being in ancient woodland, or indeed any secluded part of the countryside, is the silence. Or perhaps silence other than the sound of the wind in the trees, the bird song and the cracking of the undergrowth as the animals forage for food.

Comment

Working...
                              X