Dig out your 70's stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dig out your 70's stuff!

Last week I sorted out my jewellery boxes.

Some broken stuff to throw out, a small bag of items for the charity shop, the majority kept.
    Amongst it was badge with heart on and 14.2.78. My Valentines gift from ex OH in 1978, when I was pregnant with DD2.
    It seemed a bit silly have kept it all this time now we are no longer together. But I couldn't bring myself to throw it out. I offered to to the DDs in case they were interested, especially DD2 who was born in 78. No takers.

I decided to advertise it on eBay as vintage, which it is. If I got a couple of quid it would be better than nothing. A man has offered me £8 which I have accepted, so it is sold. He should have it in time for Valentine's day

We should dig out all our 70's stuff. It's classed as vintage and very popular now. Think of all the things we have all discarded in those years!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem, it's surprising what is termed "vintage" and also what people will pay good money for from that era! Well done on your sale.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

True Daisy. I was pleased and surprised to get £8 plus postage for an old tin badge which has been hanging around for 45 years!
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

It’s big business now Gem , makes me giggle to think our possession are classed as Vintage 🤣🤣🤣
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

My OH was not at all romantic or buying presents as a surprise. I don’t think he ever bought me flowers, he was a right bah humbug, problem is he has pass it onto his son. He always said, I could buy it and he would pay for it.
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Well done Gem £8 is better then no pounds.
            Slightly different,but a few months ago hubby found a broken gold chain.
            He went in a few of the shops local to where he and his pal were, and asked if anyone had said they had lost a chain.
            They all said no.
            The lady at the post office said she would hang it up for people to see.
            A few weeks ago he popped in to see if anyone had claimed it. No,she said,and gave it back to hubby.
            When we were in Wakefield one day,we took it to a jewellers. They gave us £50 for it.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Plant
              My FIL would say to MIL just get what you want I will pay for it , no thought at all .
              Hewould bring the same card out every year it was a family Joke 😁

Nanto
              That was a good find at least you tried to find the owner first .It’s like if you hand something into lost and found with the police if it’s not collected in a certain time it’s returned to you .
              Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Nan2, good for you cashing it in. You did your best to find the owner so your conscience is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Plantaholic View Post
                  My OH was not at all romantic or buying presents as a surprise. I don’t think he ever bought me flowers, he was a right bah humbug, problem is he has pass it onto his son. He always said, I could buy it and he would pay for it.
                  My ex OH was good at buying presents. However even in my 20's when I was given that badge I wasn't that impressed to get it!

Comment

DD1 has just seen a second hand book we have a copy of and read to the GC for sale on Amazon for £82!

Comment

My OH was an avid reader and collector of special books. I do wonder what they are worth. 2 of my GS’s have helped themselves to one or two. I am not sure what to do with the reference books my OH collected, people use their computers now.
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, it's difficult to know what to do with special books, isn't it. We have a set of books about British wild flowers. They were my FIL's and quite old with lovely colour plate illustrations. I doubt they're worth any serious money, but they are lovely and we certainly wouldn't want to dump them.

Gem, I bet baby E won't be reading that while he's snacking on chocolate buttons.
                        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                        X