Brain Research UK - London Marathon 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain Research UK - London Marathon 2023

A few weeks ago I mentioned that my lovely neighbour, Lorraine, had a place in the London Marathon for this April, and was raising money for Brain Research UK.

Several lovely grannies asked me to let them know when Lorraine's Just Giving page was up and running (no pun intended), so here it is.

If you'd like to know more about the work of Brain Research UK here is a link:

We fund brain research to help those affected by neurological disorders. Brain Research UK – inspiring progress, together.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Thank you for that Daisy xx
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Thanks Daisy Donated 😁
      Last edited by Oma; 05-01-2023, 03:22 AM.
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Good luck to Lorraine.

I've donated Daisy.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Ladies, thank you from the bottom of my heart. xxx
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

UPDATE

The 2023 London Marathon is this Sunday, 23rd April. I'm in awe of my friend Lorraine's hard work in training whatever the weather and determination not to let down the people who have kindly supported her. I mentioned elsewhere that she had a fall (in the house!) and broke her arm recently, and her immediate reaction was to carry on and run the best race she could. She knows she won't make the time she was preparing for now, but she's thrown her enthusiasm into carrying on with her training. She went up to London to register on Wednesday and said the atmosphere was very emotional and uplifting.

As you know she's running in support of Brain Research UK which supports cutting edge research into neurological conditions - brain tumours, migraine etc. There are new treatments being researched with exciting possibilities in areas where treatment has hardly changed since the 1970s, but sadly brain tumours are still the biggest cancer killers of children. Please don't feel I'm putting pressure on you, and I know finances are tight for all of us these days, but if you can manage to make a small donation it will give my brave friend an enormous boost, and a little bit of hope for people who currently don't have any. There's also a post on my Face Book page if you would like to say "good luck" to her.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Wishing this brave lady the best of luck.
              I will post on FB as well Daisy.
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Thank you so much, Gem. She is SO appreciative of the encouragement people are giving her. xxx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Hope she does amazing , such a good cause 😁

Comment

Thank you Oma, I'll pass messages on to her. She's just said she's feeling nervous now, but I think the atmosphere and excitement will take over on Sunday.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Today's the day for my friend and neighbour! All the hard training, the ups and downs (literally in falling and breaking her arm) will, I'm sure be worth it for her and for the charity she's supporting.

​​​​​​

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Fine weather here, I hope it is in London.
                        Lots of luck to Daisy's friend and all the runners.

Comment

Any news how she did Daisy xx

Comment

Yes, good news! She did it - she wasn't thrilled with her time, but I didn't think it was that bad considering a doctor would probably have told her not to run with a broken arm!

We organised a little surprise bubbly 'welcome home' for her, which some neighbours joined at very short notice. She was on a high, but very tired. She's overwhelmed by the lovely support she's received, including from GRU grannies.

Her medal is lovely!

Thank you to everyone who has supported her in any way at all - she really and truly is very grateful. xxx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Well done that lady!

I'm sure she appreciated the celebration Daisy
                              I hope she has a good rest and hasn't made her arm any worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X