Silly mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly mistakes

Reading about WG going to have a look around the wrong garden got me thinking about something my late sister did many years ago we still laugh about now ,

This was about 40 years ago now , my oldest sister had just moved and her house was on a corner ,
    My late Sister had only been once the day my sister moved in .
    A couple of weeks later my late sister decided to go over one night with her new boyfriend .
    They got there and went in sat down and there was a woman and a young man sitting watching telly .
    They said hello sat chatting and the woman asked if they wanted a drink .

They had that and then my sister said whereโ€™s (my sister) ?
    The woman looked at her and said who is that .

It then clicked they were in the wrong house and this woman hadnโ€™t said so just entertained them .
    My sister had thought this woman and young man were some relation to my BIL as his family came from the same estate .

My Sister whoโ€™s house they should have been in was a lot further up the street ๐Ÿ™„

My late sister apologised and left and the woman said well it was nice of you to call in , totally unconcerned that this strange woman and man had come in unannounced and stayed for tea ๐Ÿ˜

That wouldnโ€™t happen today they would have called the police .
    We cried laughing when she told us , I often wonder what they thought and said when my sister and her boyfriend left ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    To be fair this womanโ€™s house was on a corner plot too ๐Ÿ˜
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

That is surprising that the occupants didnโ€™t ask who they were.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

When I was at the friends the other day, when I managed to fall, she and I were only talking about our few days in York, must have been 16 or 17 years ago. We booked into our B&B, boarding house, I was still feeling sick from the boat, we walked round the town then went back to our room, or so we thought, we entered the house, climbed the stairs, only to find the key wasn't working! After doing our best to get it to work we had to go and find the owner. We were then told we were in the wrong house!! He and his brother both had the same style houses etc and we should have been in the one next door.

Comment

Oma, that made me laugh, but i thought the lady would have asked who they were.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We once gatecrashed a party. It was before we were married and an old school friend of OH's invited us to his housewarming party. He gave OH the address. OH knew the road, and we arrived to find the party in full swing. After a while OH commented that he knew he had left the area several years before, but he didn't recognise anyone. I didn't know anyone anyway, so hadn't realised OH didn't recognise at least a few faces.

Gradually it dawned on him that it was the wrong party - "ours" was about 6 doors down! We managed to escape undetected, but of course didn't retrieve our bottle from the kitchen so had to go and find an off licence to get a house-warming bottle for the party we were meant to go to.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Plant , they never asked a thing ,
            My sister thinking it was my other sisters house hadnt knocked just walked in ,
            All we could think was this woman and the young man maybe had social workers and thought they were them or were just not very bright either way they were not bothered ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

Oma, it's bizarre, isn't it. Thinking about your sister being at the wrong house - I wonder if the people watching tv were say mother and son, and each thought your sister and BF were known to the other one.
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

What hospitable friendly people Oma!!

These all made me smile

Not the wrong place, but years ago my ex OH, our DD3 and I arrived at our Florida villa on the wrong date!!
                We keyed in the code, opened the door to be greeted by a whole line of trainers in the hallway. We quickly backed out!!
                To cut a long story short I had somehow booked the flights and villa on different days
                OH got in touch with the owner who luckily put us on to another villa owner. They had a vacant villa on the same community . So we took the new villa for 3 days then had to move along the road to the proper one. DD and SIL2, (who had no children then ) joined us in time to avoid the days in the substitute villa. All my own fault but luckily swiftly sorted out. It did cost us 3 extra days rent of course. I triple check everything now.
                โ€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.โ€ โ€“ Unknown

Comment

Loving these stories.
                  Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Well that would have been a shock for the other family already in the villa Gem if you had turned up late at night ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

Oma, we presume they were out at the theme park thank goodness, but seeing all those shoes we weren't sure at first!!
                      โ€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.โ€ โ€“ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                      X