A beautiful day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beautiful day

Today I wrapped up well against the chilly wind and low clouds when I took Eva out for a walk. We'd been walking for about half an hour when the clouds disappeared, the sun came out and the wind suddenly felt much warmer. It was just like a pleasant spring or summer day.

By this time we had reached a campsite, closed for the winter. I let Eva play in the river for a while and then walked deeper into the woods, but she wanted a run round, so I walked to where there was plenty of open space and there they were - a beautiful herd of deer, with a magnificent stag totally unconcerned by us. I put Eva back on the lead, although they were a couple of hundred yards away and started to walk towards home.

Then we saw more deer, and more and more. They just kept running past us - about 50 yards away. I've never seen so many deer in all the years I've lived here. We must have stood watching them for a good 15 minutes. More and more came trotting past, alert, seeing us but not taking any real notice. I'd heard a couple of gunshots earlier, and I wondered if they had been startled by the noise.

I tried to photograph and video them, but they were too far away. A few minutes later a young couple stopped and chatted. They were on holiday, and had been treated to the best deer spectacle I've ever seen. They'll never forget today, and they were lucky I could tell them how to get back to the car park!

I wished I'd had my camera - first group of deer. Too far away to get a good picture.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Daisy, what a lovely day to be out

I love deer, it's always exciting to see them.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Daisy. that does sound like a beautiful day!

Comment

Daisy, that musy have been a sight to behold.Beautiful.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Oh Wow you lucky girl 😀
          That must have been an amazing sight ,
          Typical you didn’t have your camera isn’t it , I bet if you went back today there will be none to see 🤨

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

That must have been a fantastic sight Daisy!
            Believe you can and you're halfway there.
            Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

What a fabulous dog walk Daisy! You certainly live in a special part of the country, what with free range piggies and deer also!
              Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
              Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

…and ponies, I forgot about them!
                Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie - and not forgetting the cattle, donkeys, and in some parts of the Forest sheep!!

Today we got to our friend's paddock and there was a pony grazing right outside the gate. We had to wait for her to move on to open it! When we came to drive home we had to steer round the enormous present she, or one of her friends, had left in the middle of the lane. D:
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Fantastic part of the country you live in Daisy. We have visited many times but always in the Summer
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, although I don't like the thoughts of cold, dark, wet days, in some ways I prefer the Forest at this time of year. It's not so busy and the peace and quiet is wonderful. The colours are beautiful, and when the sun shines it's magical.

I'm privileged and very lucky to live here.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                      X