Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG shocked

Just received our post (4.10 ) again ,
    That wasn’t what shocked me but the fact I received our first CHRISTMAS CARD 😱

To make it worse it was from my own sister .🙄

I just rang her to say Thank you but why so early ?
    She said they have all the Christmas decorations up all the gifts wrapped under the tree and all the cards sent out in case of postal strikes 🙈

I have told her no way will she get my card till December .
    I love Christmas as I’ve said before but to get cards on 10th November is plain ridiculous 😡

I didn’t want to come across as ungrateful but this is silly .
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Good lord!

I agree with all you say Oma.

I love Christmas and have no problem with people putting up their tree and decorations before I do. Not THIS early though and any Christmas cards arriving now would be forgotten about by Christmas around here!

The Christmas party at my mum's care home is on November 26th this year, too early to my mind.
    I want my mum to have her room decorated in time for this which will mean me doing it on the Thursday before the Saturday party. I thought THAT was early!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I must agree with you Oma, a lady opposite me had her tree up and decorated on November 1st, friends of mine even earlier!!

Comment

Well I have put the card in with my card case I keep birthday and Christmas cards in ,
        That way I will remember it when I come to write my cards out .

Comment

Oma, can you imagine my reaction when we received our first Christmas card about 10 days ago! To be fair it was from a friend in Germany who has just moved house, so at least I've got her new address for when I write her card! It's sitting on our my desk - I don't know what to do with it!

I wonder if people who have already got their decorations etc up will be taking them down on Boxing Day!
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

A former neighbour of ours always put her decorations up on the 1st november.
            I always post my cards on 1st december,unless it falls on a sunday.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I post mine in the first week of December. I think my originals reason was having done the Christmas post as a teenager I know how heavy the load is as it gets closer to Christmas. I felt I was doing my bit to spread the load by posting early!
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I try and get my cards in the post before the last date for delivery before Christmas. Since I'm not working, I do try to be a bit ahead of that and post overseas cards the first week in December.

Who knows what will happen this year with postal strikes, etc.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

In defence of the early senders, Christmas will be on us at speed!
                  We don’t send many cards now, but we do send greetings emails and donate to charity what we would have spent on stamps and cards.

Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                  Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Grauntie Mag View Post
                    In defence of the early senders, Christmas will be on us at speed!
                    We don’t send many cards now, but we do send greetings emails and donate to charity what we would have spent on stamps and cards.
                    GM I’m only sending a few cards this year too , I will send e-cards and donate the money to our local Chemo unit that I would normally spend on stamps .
                    Of course I will hand deliver where I can .

Comment

I'm doing a papercutting Christmas card workshop next week so we'll see how many I can make then, but I'm not sending very many this year. The Scottish ones can all go in the same envelope!
                      Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                      Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Sending Christmas cards is something I find quite hard to cut down on. Who do you leave out? Local friends who you see regularly? Friends separated from you by distance or circumstances, someone who didn't send you a card last year, someone who is getting too frail to write cards themselves? I find it all very hard.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Me too Daisy. I enjoy sending and receiving cards so won't be cutting down.
                          At our ages sadly the numbers do decrease over the years anyway.

Comment

I still send cards, love Christmas cards.
                            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I have just received one from the UK, my niece, she never forgets and is always VERY early, unlike me, she is a Christmas person!

Comment

Working...
                              X