When will the bag ever go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the bag ever go??

After we had the new patio laid there were things to be removed. Rubble, soil etc. These were left on the front drive.
    We were told someone was coming for the first lot the next day and the other stuff two days later.
    The first lot was taken only a day later than promised.
    The rest, a large wooden frame and big builders bag, far too heavy to move are still on the drive,
    This is highly inconvenient as we usually park one car in front of the house (which the debris is now blocking) and one in front of the garage. This means we don't have to juggle cars, we can each get out without the other car having to move. It also means a third car can park.
    Now we have to move one car off the get the other out, and no visitors can park.

OH has texted the patio guy many many times. He then says the men who are removing the stuff are coming. Every day we hope they will. So far they haven't
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem, that's very frustrating for both you and S. I hope the patio guy responds soon. If not you could offer to get the council to remove the rubbish and invoice him.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Thats annoying Gem.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Trouble is Gem sometimes once they have their money some just don’t care .
        I think Daisy's suggestion is a good threat as it would cost them a lot more x
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

It's still there.....
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Gem, advertise the pallet on your local selling page on FB. Someone is bound to grab it especially if they've got a log burner! I got rid of several that way. That'd be one less thing on your drive.
              Believe you can and you're halfway there.
              Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Seem like a piece of good advice from WG. Very very annoying
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Originally posted by WeeGranny View Post
                  Gem, advertise the pallet on your local selling page on FB. Someone is bound to grab it especially if they've got a log burner! I got rid of several that way. That'd be one less thing on your drive.
                  Gem, did that pallet contain the paving slabs? If so, it's quite possible made of Indian hardwood which is really expensive to buy in the UK, and your local wood turning club or Men's Shed might be really interested in taking it off your hands and drive. OH kept the pallets from our paving slabs and carefully took them apart and removed all the nails. I'm not sure what he used them for, but I'll ask (he's busy at the moment!) The wood was very solid and not like your usual flimsy pallet wood.
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I've asked OH about your pallet. He said if the slabs were Indian sandstone or similar, the pallet is probably Indian hardwood. He said your local Men's Shed would be able to use it. He used some of it to make slats for a wooden garden seat, and a nephew-in-law had a lot to use for making bird boxes and bug hotels.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We didn't know what the pallets were used for, but we did wonder if it was slabs. It is Indian stone used for the patio.

Maybe we should spirit it away and when they finally come say someone must have stolen it as it was left unattended at the front for so long!

Comment

Gem, that sounds like a plan. If you buy Indian hardwood here it's very expensive, but they seem to have so much of it in India that they can use it for pallets. But I suppose the flimsy pine ones we usually see here wouldn't be strong enough for paving slabs.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

It's gone!!

Just before I left for school a lorry came and took it all away.
                          I was still working on persuading OH we should take the wood and hide it

So good to be able to park in my usual spot when we got back

Comment

Gem, they probably don't even realise the pallet is made from such expensive wood! Still, it's gone and you can park again, and enjoy your new patio on nice days.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

So pleased to hear your drive is now free for you to park
                              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                              X