London Marathon 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Marathon 2023

My lovely next door neighbour, L, is a keen runner but last year she was unsuccessful in getting a 'charity' place.

She heard today, that she has got a place for the April 23 Marathon, and she is running for the Brain Tumour Charity on behalf of my DS1. She's so pleased and excited, and I can't believe that she is prepared to do all the training etc a marathon entails.

I'll be following her progress through the winter, and DIL1 and I are already looking at ways of supporting her with sponsorship etc.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Daisy,what a lovely thing to do.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Wonderful Daisy. Well done that lady

Will you put details of the sponsorship on your FB page?
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Daisy, that is a very good charity to "run" for!

Comment

Put any links up Daisy please xx
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Thank you, ladies. I don't think the sponsorship paperwork is available yet, but I will certainly post on GRU and Facebook when it is. In the meantime, she's starting her training and I know you will all wish her luck. xxx

Lizzie, you're right. Brain tumours are the biggest cancer killers of children and young people, yet research into treatments attract something 1-2% of all cancer funding. It's incredibly hard to treat, and my DIL1's hairdresser lost her 17 year old son to Glioblastoma last year. The standard treatments have hardly changed in the last 20 years.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
            X