All change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All change!

Well we had total turnaround of plans this weekend!
    I messaged my friend C to invite her and P over today, or this evening. I also messaged DD1 to invite her and GS for lunch tomorrow, as when we last spoke they were free.

However - DD and GS had been invited to good friends for a bonfire party tonight and were staying the night. They will still be there in the morning and DD thinks after all that GS will need some time at home tomorrow. I am so glad they have something nice to do and her friends are looking out for her at this time.

So I messaged C again to say we were now free on Sunday too. This worked out well as they were busy today but free tomorrow afternoon.

Then SIL3 messaged the family WhatsApp group to say their plans had changed today and was anyone free. We were and in the end it was decided it was easier for us to go there.
    Friends from Manchester had to cancel plans to visit them today as their car broke down. So, we had a lovely day with them all. Some baby cuddles, a card game and the soup, bread and cakes SIL had made for the visitors
    DD was telling us the friends they were expecting tomorrow had also canceled as one of them has covid!

​
    β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

The best laid plans so they say Gem .
    All worked out well in the end 😁
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Plans sometimes change,but it sounds as if everyone was happy to rearrange things.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Gem, that's a pretty thorough change of plans, but lovely that it's worked out well, apart for the friend of DD3 and OH whose car broke down!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

And yet more change.

C was sick during the night and has had diarrhoea. She is starting to feel better but doesn't want to risk passing anything to us, so they are not now coming today.
          She (and I) hope and pray this does not affect her op taking place tomorrow.
          β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oh, Gem. Poor C. She needs to take it easy and gather her strength for tomorrow. I hope her op can go ahead as planned. It's bad enough waiting for it, but having to postpone it would just add to everyone's anxiety.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Crikey Gem, I had to read that slowly to keep up!
              Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
              Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Gem, is C well enough to go for her op today? Thinking about her. x

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Yes, thank you for asking Daisy. She had it this morning, just waiting to hear from her x

Comment

Glad she’s had it done Gem ,
                    Hope she recovers quickly .

Got to take MIL on Wednesday , she found a lump and because of her previous history of breast cancer she has a appointment within a week ,
                    Dr thinks it may be nothing to worry about but she has to have a scan and biopsy .
                    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Fingers crossed for her Oma. I really hope it's nothing. The Dr is most likely just being cautious x

Comment

Oma, I really do hope your MIL is ok and the lump is nothing sinister. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Hope it's nothing serious for MiL, Oma.
                          Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                          Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
                          X