See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I know we have had postal strikes etc but yesterday took the biscuit .
    After no post at all for the last week our Postman came yesterday at 6.40 pm 😱

What has happened to Morning deliveries ?
    We have had afternoon delivery’s before but 6.40 at night is a joke .

My neighbour rang the main sorting office and was told he was the only postman for our street available ,
    Bear in mind The main sorting office is at the end of our estate and we can walk there in less than 10 minutes ,
    The post office vans have to pass our street to get to their destinations as its on the main circular perimeter road.

Things are going from bad to ridiculous at times.

Im not fat just 6ft too small

6.40 is ridiculous.

We had morning deliveries (ours always came before I left for school) and lunchtime ones when we were growing up didn't we?
    Ours here comes between 11 and 2 usually.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

The postal service goes from bad to worse, unfortunately. Our local posties are really good and very helpful, but even so, a 2 pm delivery is early! The collection times are ridiculous - 9 am on weekdays and 7 am on Saturdays! If we want to post something later in the day the nearest is a post office 6 miles away. It doesn't encourage people to use the postal system, and parcel deliveries are much more expensive than, say, Evri.

It's sad that what was the best postal system in the world has declined to the pint where it doesn't even consider what the customer might want/need.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Our postie comes comes about 11ish.
        Last week he was on holiday and we didn't get post until late afternoon.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We get our post soon after 9am unless he is on holiday or at Christmas he has to be in the sorting office. He has been our postman for years now.
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Post came at 5.20 Tonight 🙄
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Ours comes about lunchtime. He parks his van opposite my house and depending on which postie it is, I'm either first or last on his round. It seems to be the same two who do the whole village. You see the van parked up at the same spots every day.

I'm still waiting on mail that I know has been sent to me. I can only assume it's sitting in a sorting centre somewhere. Some days there's nothing and then there's a whole pile of stuff.

It really puts you off posting anything because of the uncertainty about it getting to its destination.
              Believe you can and you're halfway there.
              Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

I agree, WeeGranny. I find the collection times a nightmare because I really have to make sure I post at least one day earlier than I think I need to, and it's so embarrassing when birthday cards are late. I just can't get used to having to think so far ahead.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                X