Calling all arthritic ladies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all arthritic ladies!

DD had to take doggo to vet yesterday as she was worried about what look like cysts . Vet confirmed they're cysts but doesn't want to operate because of his age and problems with general anaesthetic. However, when she was checking him over, he started growling when she touched his hips. Vet said this was a sign of arthritis and recommended giving him an injection which she gives to her own elderly dog. Well the transformation is unbelievable! From a dog who was struggling to walk he was bounding about like a young thing when I picked GS up this morning. Giving me a paw, lying on his back for a tummy scratch, leaning up against me for a clap. It was lovely to see him so lively and obviously free from pain.

So ladies, I have the solution to your arthritic pain! Get down to the vet and ask for an injection and get your vitality back!
    Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    Theodore Roosevelt.

WG, I had an injection in my foot, it didn't help and it was very painful!

Comment

Hobbles off to book an appointment with the vet.......

I had a cortosteriod knee injection in May after 2 years of very bad pain and it helped a lot, for a few weeks. It has never been as bad as it originally was.

I have heard the ones in the foot are painful Lizzie. My GP advised me against one years ago when I had plantar fasciitis for that very reason.
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Booking the vet now😁
        I have had them in my knee and fingers and shoulders ,
        Finger ones were painful but worth the pain ,
        Mine have always worked for me but I know people who they didn’t .

My DD had a X-ray on Tuesday on her hip and knee and they diagnosed Arthritis,
        She is a exercise junky , goes to boot camp 4 times a week so not done her any good , lots of exercises she does they said she can’t do again .
        He said do you run , she laughed and said only if there was a pie or sweets at the end 😁 (she definitely isn’t a runner )😂

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I have had them in my knee Gem, no bother at all, but, the one in the foot was very painful

Oma, your poor DD! DS2 BIL was a runner and he had to stop because of arthritis in his knees.

Comment

Oma, sorry to hear your DD has arthritis.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

That is a pity about your DD at her age Oma.

Sadly a lot of footballers and other sporty people get it from overuse of their joints.
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Considering she’s a tiny little thing and very fit it came as a surprise,
                Doesnt help she is going through the menopause but takes all the right supplements ,
                I presume as both my Mother myOldest Sister and myself had it it must run in the family .

Comment

Oma, I thought it often ran in families as well.

The vets is clearly the place to go though, even if you don't want a tummy tickle!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Everything has been aching lately. I think it must be the damp weather?
                    I have a neck back and shoulder massage booked for next week.

Comment

I am having an injection in my shoulder tomorrow but that is for tendinitis. We are not a family to suffer with Arthritis
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Gem
                        I agree the Damp weather plays havoc with joints ,

Plant
                        I hope your injection works quickly and you get some relief , you have had trouble for quite a while haven’t you xxx

Comment

Injection didn’t happen, Dr thought I should see a physio first.
                          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Damn Plant! They say that with knees also, it just delays things

Comment

Working...
                            X