New car seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car seat

Like most grandparents of young children we have many car seats.
    We actually got rid of the first stage seat a couple of years ago . We bought it second hand and had used it for all 3 grandchildren. We decided that if any more came along we would have to use their own seat for the first stage! We have a stage 2 seat for 1 to 4 year old, a booster seat with back, and a basic booster seat with no back. GD and GS1 need no seats now, GS2 just the basic booster seat.

Along came GS3 this year.
    We unexpectedly met friends a couple of weeks ago who showed us the second hand car seat they had bought for their 2 year old GS.
    Its on a 360 degree swivel. We never knew such seats existed! So much easier than reaching round and struggling to fasten them in, especially if you are not very tall and your back not so good.

I started to look for one and found one on sale a couple of miles away. Just used for one little boy who has now outgrown it, in excellent condition. It also comes with two spare sets of seat covers. We have installed it into my car. It will last GS3 until he is old enough for the booster seat.

Our stage 2 seat was new so we may sell that as we wont need it.
    But then if DD3 were to have another baby before GS3 outgrows this one, we may need it!

This is a link to the model we bought

https://www.oliversbabycare.co.uk/pr...ar-seat-berry/
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

That looks very good Gem, my hairdresser had something in her hall a while ago, I didn't recognise what it was, 2 of them actually, they were the base for 2 of these chairs that she was selling.

Comment

Our M&C bought one for Fin in Black , Im not sure if it’s the same make but it does the same thing ,
      So much easier wish they were out when we looked after the boys .
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I think GD1 has got something very similar.
        So much easier for fastening the babies in.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

They are very good Gemini, DD and Sil have 2 in Sil’s car and GD has one in her car. I just have a normal one, not so expensive.
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Having had some kind of seat in my car for the past 13 years, it will be so nice to have a swivel one!

The lady was asking £130 and I offered £120 which she accepted. A bargain I thought!
            DD3 is envious as their doesn't revolve.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, DS2 and DIL had an Isofix seat for the GDs. It was so much easier, and I felt it was also safer for the baby as well as for your back. We used to swap cars rather than keep moving it between their car and mine!

Yes, I agree, you've got a bargain. I'm sure baby E will have lots of happy journeys in it. x
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
              X