Jobs you didn't intend to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobs you didn't intend to do!

Do you ever plan to do one job and then find yourself doing something quite different?

It happens to me quite a lot, like yesterday. I went into the kitchen to wash up a few pots and pans and clean the kitchen work surface.

A good hour later I had all the stainless steel saucepans cleaned and stacked up on the counter top. How on earth did that happen! I'd never even thought about them, although they were a bit stained and in need of some TLC.

Saucepans1 Oct22IMG_8409.jpg

Saucepans2 Oct22IMG_8410.jpg
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Do it all the time , go into a cupboard to look for something ,
    I then find myself a hour later with all the cupboards cleared and cleaned,
    That leads onto another job I didn’t intend doing either ,
    Having said that it spurs you on to finally do those jobs you have been putting off 😁
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

It happens here. I went in a drawer a few days ago,to get something.
      Ended up putting all the drawer stuff in a cupboard,and the cupboard stuff in the drawer.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Yep! I went looking for a cable in the ‘electrics’ drawer, now all six drawers in that unit are sorted and tidy. Sadly I didn’t find what I was looking for so Amazon to the rescue…🙄
        Has anyone got any suggestions what to do with a pile of unused CDs apart from bird scarers?
        Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
        Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

They look very shiny Daisy

Yes, same here, start one job, do something totally different.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Grauntie Mag View Post
            Yep! I went looking for a cable in the ‘electrics’ drawer, now all six drawers in that unit are sorted and tidy. Sadly I didn’t find what I was looking for so Amazon to the rescue…🙄
            Has anyone got any suggestions what to do with a pile of unused CDs apart from bird scarers?
            Grauntie, we have the same problem with stacks of used and unused CDs. So Mr Google to the rescue!!

​​​​​​https://www.lifehack.org/articles/li...h-old-cds.html

I really don't fancy the fridge decor, the clock, the statement necklace or the collar though!!
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

It certainly has given me food for thought Daisy. None of the suggestions appeal, butI’m working on more ideas for big bird scarers. 😁
              Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
              Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I find that happening frequently these days!
                I was going to pop to shops this afternoon, but it started raining so I started to empty a basket which has been on the sink since I moved in only to be distracted by a pile of paper waiting to be shredded which in turn has led me to look for something on internet!
                Basket however has been sorted and now ready to go to shed, paper all shredded unless I go and find somemore, I have now forgotten what it was I was searching for and I now fancy making scones in the airfryer!!
                What else can distract me?
                Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie - let us know how you get on with bigger bird scarers. I used to use old CDs to protect crops on the allotment, but the pigeons just laughed in the face of them!

WeeGranny, your diversions were very productive, and sound like jobs you had (dare I say it!) been putting off doing.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

WG. Scones in the air fryer? Where did you find the recipe? Please share. 😁
                    Do you think if I made a ‘tree’ of CDS It would scare OH away and I could eat them all myself?
                    Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Daisy, I think this creation will consist of substantial wire, (in shed) wound in some kind of artistic spiral with arms of cane, (I will have run out of wire). Or maybe I can fashion similar from chicken wire of which I have a few rolls. I intend to post a pic of final creation.
                      Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie, I shall watch this space with great interest.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

GM, I just used my normal scone recipe and put them in for a shorter time. They came out OK!

All my unwanted CDs went to the tip! There's only so many bird scarers you can make!
                          Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                          Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
                          X