Stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stamps

Did you know that after January 31st 2023 we will no longer be able to use un- barcoded postage stamps? I only found this out after my sister noticed a franked message on one of her letters. Apparently picture stamps and Christmas stamps are exempt.However you can download a Swap Out Form from “ royalmail.com/barcodedstamps” and send any non barcoded stamps to be “”swapped out” .As my sister doesn’t have a computer I”ll be sending her a form.I think there is provision for anyone who doesn’t have a printer.

I haven’t seen this publicised anywhere but apparently the scheme has been running since March 2022!

I didn’t know that Clover, I must keep a check on mine.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I think I did read this Clover but just glanced at it ,
      I never have stamps long enough I only buy a book of 6 at a time when I need them .
      Itsgood to know though so thanks for that 👍😁
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I knew about this Clover. Royal mail will swap the stamps for you.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Clover - many thanks for the useful detail. I had a glimmer in the back of my mind not to stockpile 'ordinary' stamps before Christmas but didn't know exactly when the change was or what, if anything, you could do with the current ones.

It feels as though it's one more complication to modern life!
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I think you can also scan messages like Happy Birthday onto the stamps. Not sure how you do it, probably like those squiggly squares you can scan to access various sites,

I only have a few old Christmas stamps to use up, but it all seems a bit of a pointless exercise to me. The postal system is bad enough at the moment without adding more confusion to it!
            Wonder if the recipient will have to pay if the letter has got a non-barcode stamp on it? And what will happen to those letters that do have the old stamp on them. will they be delivered or discarded?
            Believe you can and you're halfway there.
            Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Thank you Clover. I didn't know this.
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
              X