Left handers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left handers

Apparently today is International Left Handers Day.
    Are you or is anyone in your family left handed?

My DD2, and her son GS2 are both left handed.

Myself and DD3 are right handed but use our knives and forks in the left handed way! DD2 who is left handed uses hers in the right handed way .

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

B and SIL and GS2 are left handed ,

DS uses both hands ,
    I didn’t realise for years as it was normal to see him switch hands to write or switch hands during meals till his teacher said about how confusing it was as his hand writing changed mid way through something when he changed from right to left 😁

I can’t watch B chopping anything as it just doesn’t look right chopping left handed , I always think he’s going to hurt himself 😂
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I don't think I know anyone who left handed.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

My DIL1, her mum, GS1, GD1 and OH's youngest brother are all lefties. DIL2 is the only right-hander in her family, which she said was very frustrating when she lived at home!

Oma - my DS1 can't watch DIL1 chopping things either! How interesting that your DS can use either hand. GD1 swaps quite a bit, but not for writing or drawing) and when I started knitting with her a few months ago she tried it both ways, and settled on right-handed.

When my DS1 was first taken ill (he had a seizure which lead to the discovery of the tumour) almost the first question he was asked was 'are you right- or left-handed'.

Nanto - that's quite unusual. I think the statistics say about one in ten are lefties.

I once had a shorthand class at College where nearly every student was left-handed!
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

My friend M, her ex OH and their DD and DS are all left handed. When the children were young they were a totally left handed household. I don't know how unusual that is.

How strange to have an almost totally left handed handed class Daisy!
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

My GS1 is left-handed and it looks as if his DD is going to be left-handed. I come from a right handed family and both my children are RH, my OH was RH. We think baby H is RH.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              My friend M, her ex OH and their DD and DS are all left handed. When the children were young they were a totally left handed household. I don't know how unusual that is.

How strange to have an almost totally left handed handed class Daisy!
              It was an unusual class, Gem, and there are a lot of people who think lefties can't write shorthand at high speed. I don't know why - one student that year achieved 140 words a minute and most got 100wpm or more.

Plant, when my GD1 was a baby I looked after her a lot and noticed if I offered her something to her right hand she'd take it and then swap it to her left. If either hand was convenient she'd use her left.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

My GD is the only left hander in the family.

Comment

I am a leftie and so is my oldest brother. My mother was until she had it beaten out of her at school! Neither of my children are lefties and none of my GC either. I do many things with my right hand, mainly because I was taught by a right handed person.
                  The thing that I found confusing at primary school was starting a new page! Others leant across the page to write but I didn’t and I thought I was wrong.
                  Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                  Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie, I can understand how confusing that must have been. I remember my leftie GS1's teacher insisted he left a 'finger' space between words. Try doing that if you're left handed. Totally impossible.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I’m left handed and I had an uncle who was too

Comment

Working...
                      X