Brief romance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brief romance.

I was delighted to hear my GS,age 12,had a "girlfriend" but somewhat deflated to learn it had only lasted a couple of days and now they are just friends. As you know F has ASD and therefore finds it difficult to relate to his peers and is mostly just tolerated at best by his classmates.so for him to form any sort of relationship is remarkable. Apparently this girl shares an interest in Pokemon with F. Her name is Honey and I love her for being kind to F.

Another thing which made me smile was when my DD chased after F in the car after he had left to walk to school, to give him his homework book that he had left on the table."Thanks Mum" F said "You saved ny bacon!"

What a delightful little boy. Romance is so fickleโฃ
    "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

Awww bless him , my great nephew had Aspergus and Autism he had a difficult time at school till he was finally placed in the right school for his problem at 11 , he couldn't read or write when he first went to the school but within a year he was up to speed,
      Now he is 18 is training to be a chef has a part time job and a partner , he still has difficulties with connecting to people but he's holding his own and always happy now ,
      I'm sure now F has taken the first step on the girlfriend ladder there will be no stopping him now ๐Ÿ˜Š
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Awwww Clover, that is lovely.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Congratulations to your nephew Oma. It's a difficult path for these unique people.

Comment

Originally posted by Clover View Post
            Congratulations to your nephew Oma. It's a difficult path for these unique people.
            I echo that, Clover!

It doesn't matter that his first romance was rather brief - that's pretty standard at that age. Our GS1 has had a couple of girlfriends, and it's fine they haven't lasted long, but he's so sweet about them. I know exactly what you mean about loving Honey for being kind. But also she may find F a refreshing change from some of the other boys - perhaps he's more gentle or she has an empathy with him.

Oma - your great nephew is doing very well and the fact that he's happy is the most important thing. It emphasises how important the right school is, doesn't it.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Lovely story Clover
              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

That is lovely Clover
                โ€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.โ€ โ€“ Unknown

Comment

Yes Daisy , my niece had to fight a long time to get the correct diagnosis, he was very disruptive in school , lunch time every day she had to go and sit with him during lunch as he would have very scary temper tantrums , the only person he would calm down for if he did was his Granddad , my brother. My brother got him into boxing and he can get all his energy out punching a bag he's even had his first match last week , he lost, as the ref stopped the fight in the second round because he froze with all the crowd shouting , but he wants to do it again now he knows what to expect ๐Ÿ˜Š. The challenges these children face and how they cope is amazing , they all have there own talent and once it's found the change can be lovely to see , our Niall is a wonderful cook
                  Last edited by Oma; 09-02-2017, 06:29 PM.
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma - you're right about them all having their own talents, and I bet Niall will make a fantastic chef because he will be passionate about it, and a perfectionist in everything he does.

It's dreadful that getting a correct diagnosis is so difficult. My GS1's local authority has been on the news tonight for running classes in primary schools for emotional wellbeing. This is great, but they tried very hard to keep him at a school which wasn't working for him, because they thought he should 'fit in', and it was all the parents' fault anyway!!! Like Naill and Clover's GS he's lucky that he's got parents who are prepared to fight to get what their special children need.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                    X