Growing up too fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing up too fast

Yesterday we picked GS1 up from school and although I have noticed it in the last few weeks yesterday I got a knot in my stomach, GS1 at 12 is maturing very fast for my liking as this little boy (as I still see him )
    strolled towards me the first thing that hit me was he is now sporting a very substantial moustache 😲😲😲
    It has been a little dark line for a few weeks but yesterday it seemed very pronounced , NO stop this is too soon your still my baby 😒
    I shouldn't be surprised as B had a full chest of hair at 13 and J is obviously taking after grandad but I'm not ready for this yet , where are our baby's 😒😒😒
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

He is growing fast Oma.
    I know there is a wide range of development in boys of his age, as there is in girls. I remember when DD2 had a disco party for her 13th birthday. Lots of girls and 3 boys. 2 of the boys looked like little boys, far less grown up than the girls. The 3rd was tall and handsome and looked at least 17. I had to check with DD that he really was in their class at school!!

My mum told me yesterday that her hairdressers GD aged 10, had started her periods. Grandma was feeling very sad about it.

GS1 is still your baby though Oma xx
    β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem he is still quite small for his age but looking so grown up its just not right😯😯😯

Comment

I know how you feel Oma. Christmas time my eldest GS actually shaved off his moustache. He is 15 . My two boys didn't start shaving at that age. My SIL started shaving at the age of 12 !!!!
        Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

It's frightening isn't it?

Last weekend GD (15 in April) went to London shopping with a group of friends.
          I think her Mum was a little apprehensive.
          It only seems five minutes ago I was worried when I was told she had gone to the local town shopping with a friend She is a very sensible young lady but where is the little girl I used to play with in her bedroom for hours on end and who I always gave in to when snuggled up in bed at bedtime and begged for one more story! Big sigh

Comment

Clover J is the same he goes off to the Metro centre shopping with his friends , first time he went it scared the life out of me ,
            Mimi our DS didn't start shaving till he was about 15 too 😊

Comment

Well GD1 is now 10 and SO much has changed in just one year, she is now quite the little lady. I have the advantage of GD2 not 5 until April, so I still have a "baby" around. Mind you I do love to watch them grow. X
              Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

Elisi, it was about the age of 10 when my GD seemed to "grow up".Ithink the last year at Primary school seems to be a noticeable turning point for girls. I'm not sure about boys as my GS has ASD and is not therefore a"typical" example. I can' t really remember my own sons at that age but I think children do mature faster these days probably because life in general seems to be at a much faster pace.

Comment

Clover - our GS2 certainly seems more grown up since starting secondary school in September. He was 12 last week-end, and he seems quieter, more thoughtful/introspective and he has a lovely girlfriend. It is sad when they seem to be growing up so quickly!

At college I used to notice a real difference in students between the end of the first year and the beginning of the second. They seem to grow up overnight. I was in the village this morning, and there were quite a few students around and you could make a good guess at which were first and which were second years. It's odd, but I can't remember much about my own boys in those teen years - perhaps because I was so busy with other people's teenagers! Clover - I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't remember.

I can remember a couple of girls at school starting their periods in the first form (age 11). The rest of us thought they were really grown up!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Clover: I think it may have something to do with the technology around today? They are so adept at iPads etc. Even little one nearly 5 has her own and she is better at it than I am !!!

Daisy, the only time I can remember clearly my DD is when I look at the photos in our albums. I have so many of them, as I think everyone does, and they do take me right back!
                    Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

Isn't it strange, several of us are saying we can't remember much about our own children and how they were at certain ages. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
                      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Rosie seems so grown up now. Sh's 14 now, but in the last couple of years she has really matured. Doesn't seem long ago, that she was a toddler.
                        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Working...
                        X