I know my place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know my place!

GD1 and GD2 were playing princesses this afternoon after school. GD1 went upstairs to change out of her school uniform and came down in a princess outfit she'd had for Christmas, and with a pretty summer dress for GD2. When they were both ready and had done the ritual twirls, they decided GD1 was Princess Aurora and GD2 was Princess Daisy. At this point I came into the living room with a basket full of washing I'd just taken from the dryer.

GD1 looked at me, looked at the huge washing basket and said I could be the maid. I showed my gratitude with a little curtsey. "You don't have to curtsey to us", she said. 'Thank you", I said, bobbing another curtsey then tugging my forelock, and trying not to laugh. "Don't curtsey", she insisted.

"So what do I do, then Princess Aurora?" I asked.

"When we want you to do something for us we'll ring for you".

So I sat down and started folding the washing. GD2, who had sat quietly during the conversation with Princess Aurora, suddenly said "ting a ling".

"Yes, Princess Daisy, what can I do for you?" I said, playing along with the game.

'You can give me that teddy bear, please, Maid. I want to cuddle him."

It was quite sweet, and I was pleased they were so polite to their hard-working maid!!!

Five minutes later of course, all decorum had gone and I had to referee a no holds barred scrum.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Sounds like fun Daisy
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

You sound like just the maid I need. Can you pop round please & pass me my teddy as I need a cuddle too?
      "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

"Yes, your Highness. Of course, your Highness" !!!

Considering we've just been comparing our overflowing ironing baskets on Chatbox, I don't think I'd be much good, Nana!!!
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good job it ended there Daisy, your two well mannered Princesses could have had you doing everything.......:} had to laugh at your GD telling you no more curtseys....
          How does a child spell Love..........T.I.M.E

Comment

Surprised you were not called Cinderella 😀
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma - I did suggest that, but Princess Aurora said no, because Cinders becomes a princess eventually, and I clearly was never going to make the grade!!!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I'm sure you were a very good maid Daisy
                “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Hahaha I love little people's thoughts 😂😃 yes I think you know your place Daisy 😀
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Well, a week on, and I think I've been promoted slightly.

Princess Aurora and Princess Daisy now have their very own castle, complete with drawbridge. (Their mummy is a whizz at creating all sorts of things out of cardboard boxes) Princess Aurora reminded me that I was still the maid and I pointed out I still don't have a name. So she chose Lola. I thought that was quite glamorous for my lowly status, but was quite happy. But I'm not allowed into the inner sanctum of the castle, so I didn't have to do any chores!

This game could run and run!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Amazing what you can do with a cardboard box, so pleased you didn't have chores to do
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                      X