The further adventures of Bedtime Bear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The further adventures of Bedtime Bear!

Some of you may remember GS1's teddy bears adventure. If not or you need a reminder, here is the link

.http://gransrus.com/forum/caring-for...f-bedtime-bear

Now he, or rather his 'sister' has had another adventure!

DD, unwisely in my opinion, let GS know about the duplicate bear. GS immediately made it Bedtime Bears sister - and sleeps with them both.
    Last week on that awful day when I was extremely delayed by roadworks, was late for GS, who wanted his mum not me, then fell and hurt myself, GS had one of the bears in his bag. I saw it when we got to my house and was a little surprised to see it. DD didn't know it had gone to preschool, as daddy takes GS on Mondays., DD has already left for work.

That night GS wanted both bears and told his mum he took one to preschool. I confirmed that he had and that as I had seen it in my house it had to be here. Well, we have since then searched everywhere. Including in freezers, behind radiators even in places too high for GS to reach. It's not in my car or DDs, in either house, nor at preschool. OH didn't see it here so she now concludes I didn't either! I may be going mad but I am certain I saw it!! GS told DD he played hide and seek with it here. He was rarely out of our sight, but we have searched everywhere just in case. A total mystery.

Last night DD texted to ask if I could pick up a replacement someone was selling 2nd hand close to me. I collected it this morning. It looks much smarter and brighter than the original! DD plans to sit it on GSs advent calendar and say she's been to see Father Christmas. I suggest she tells him Santa gave her a makeover
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Bet you find the original now !! but it is weird how things go missing

Comment

Aggie that's what I said! It will probably suddenly appear any time soon
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem have you looked down the back and sides of the sofas , I say this as O took to shoving objects down my sofas , (sometimes things that looked to big to go down ) he managed to put all sorts down there , we once found a car stuffed into his wellingtons in the cupboard we couldn't understand why his foot wouldn't fit till I put my hand in 😊we had searched everywhere for the car we thought he had lost it outside 😊
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Teddy hasn't made his way into the washing machine,oven,tumble dryer, freezer or waste bin or the favourite in this house.....the heated trolley perchance Gem?
          Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
          Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Good suggestions Oma and GM! We have looked in all of those places (apart from the heated trolley, we don't have one of those!) He is rsther a slim, flat type of bear though, so could easily be slipped away somewhere!

Comment

Gem - you can picture the scene. GS1 is at your house with Bedtime Bear and his replacement Sister, when GS retrieves the original Sister from your wardrobe. I do hope Santa will have a good story prepared for such a situation.

GD1 had a tiny little white rabbit she wouldn't be parted from. DIL was naturally worried that it would escape and GD would be bereft. She knew it came of Mamas and Poppas and as I was in Southampton that day asked me to get a 'spare'. Just to be on the safe side, I bought the entire stock - all 2 of them. GD wouldn't go near either of them!! So we had several nail biting occasions when the little rabbit went AWOL, while her two pristine sisters sat, unloved, in the cupboard.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Ooh dear! Our youngest Gson has a Spurs bunny (his father is a supporter) O will not be parted from it and sits bereft watching it in the washing machine. He won't even wait for it to be dried. I tried to find a replacement just in case but they don't sell them any more. It looks like it doesn't matter anyway, it probably wouldn't smell right. 🙄
                Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Try down the back of the radiators another favourite of my boys to stuff stuff down ,or behind TV , we often found stuff that had been launched in the air behind TV 😊
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

GS is delighted with his returned Bedtime Bears Sister, and happy with Fathers Christmas giving her a makeover and making her more fluffy!
                    Daisy I live in fear of him discovering the real one now!!

Comment

Aww bless. They do love their little furry friends.
                      "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        Daisy I live in fear of him discovering the real one now!!
                        Gem - I'm sorry - I hope I haven't jinxed the absent bear into reappearing.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Our eldest gs has 'stinky bunny' (you can all guess why), in fact he has two, so one can go in the wash but he doesn't mind which one he has, as
                          long as he has one!
                          Grandmothers are just antique little girls - author unknown

Comment

Avo - that's brilliant that he accepts either of his stinky bunnies! Saves a lot of stress and anxiety for the adults.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy View Post
                              Gem - you can picture the scene. GS1 is at your house with Bedtime and his replacement Sister, when GS retrieves the original Sister from your wardrobe. I do hope Santa will have a good story prepared for such a situation.

Yesterday, while I was in the kitchen making GSs lunch, he walked down the stairs holding the missing Bedtime Bears sister!!! Where did you find that I asked. He showed me. It was tucked inside the underside of little growstep thing we keep under the cot

Wherever did that come from I asked, it must be Bedtime Bears cousin! GS seemed to buy that suggestion for a while, but then he obviously recognised it as being familiar. After a while I asked GS who he thought this bear could be. He said it was his bear! I said well, I wonder if he is magic and can fly? He IS magic and he CAN fly! Exclaimed GS. We agreed he had flown all the way to Grandmas to surprise him
                              There followed hasty texts to DD to hide Bedtime Bear before GS got home. Oh, the lengths we go to!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X