Your vest is showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your vest is showing

DD collected GS1 yesterday after work. She wore a nice top which was in two layers. A thin knit jumper, and at the back it crossed over and was open over an integral white blouse.
    As they were leaving GS said 'wait a minute mummy, I'm trying to sort your clothes out'. He was attempting to pull the sides of the jumper together. When DD laughed he said ' your vest is showng!'
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

😆😆 good job her skirt wasn't tucked into her knickers too.
    Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

When my sister and I were children we used to wear a petticoat under our dress. If the petticoat was visible below the dress line we would say " Charlie's dead "
      Was this just a weird family 'thing' or was is a common saying. If so what did it mean ?

I've just looked this up and here is what I found

Apparently when King Charles 2nd died, his reputation as a ladies man was quite highly thought of. When he died, women lifted their skirts a few inches to show their petticoats as a tribute.
      Last edited by Mimi; 12-10-2016, 03:19 AM. Reason: Googled it !
      Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Bless him Gemini.
        Thanks for that info Mimi. I have heard the saying,but never looked into why it is said.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Awww, Gem. what a sweetie he is.

Mimi - I'd never heard that expression - but you live and learn. We used to say SOS (slip on show)

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Awww he is adorable that child 😊
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, he is a mix of being completely disarmingly adorable, and exceedingly frustrating!
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

He certainly is an interesting child Gemini. I had heard of that expression but no idea what it meant, thank you for that Mimi
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We used to say : It's raining in Paris!
                  Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                  Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

How cute is your GS Gem!
                    We used to say Charlie's dead too.

Comment

Grrr. That's got me going. We used to say something as children but what it was I can't remember. I'll have to ask my sister. If I can't remember it will drive me crackers.😜
                      "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

I have never heard any of these saying for underwear on show!

Comment

Yes, we were Charlie's dead!
                          Grandmothers are just antique little girls - author unknown

Comment

🙌 Yippee I've remembered. We used to say "It's snowing'.
                            "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

What about saying to someone who hadn't zipped themselves up, we used to say you are flying.
                              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                              X