See less

Bringing home the preschool bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that there is too much now for children in the lead up to Christmas. Having worked in a middle school for over 30 years, I saw what putting on the Christmas events meant, the children were tired and the teachers shattered, mothers I am sure we're fed up with providing costumes and the Secretary having to explain that it was only two tickets per family
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant - that just about sums it up! Tomorrow it's GD1's Rainbow Christmas party - party food and cakes, please! On Friday, it's her Nativity service - mum and dad are working and I can only go with difficulty, so the other Gran and GD's Great-gran are going. The following Friday both GDs break up for Christmas - both at lunch-time and several miles apart. That final morning is GD2's playgroup's Nativity with cakes, raffles etc to follow, and DIL looked at the request for cakes etc tonight and just sighed! For DS and DIL it's the busiest time of the year and they are both worn to a frazzle already. Both the girls are slightly bewildered by everything and I would like to shout out 'Please, can we all slow it down a bit, and get back to the meaning of Christmas, caring for each other and spending happy time together.'

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

When I was a Brownie Guider we didn't do anything at Christmas due to the pressures at school, we usually went to a Panto in January.

Comment

Plant - that sounds a much more sensible idea. Although nowadays I wonder if the Risk Assessment for going to a panto would be too difficult! GD1 even had to get a form signed to allow her to walk from school to the nearby church for a rehearsal and the Nativity service!

I feel very sorry - and have great admiration - for the teachers, Guiders etc.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Yes you are right it would be very difficult to take Brownies on a trip

Comment

Working...
            X