GT. Granddaughter Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT. Granddaughter Dilema

When GD brought H here from pre-school H asked to go on the toilet, did a poo but when GD started to wipe her bottom she screamed. Her bottom was not clean and very sore. Apparently the pre—school are encouraging her to wipe her own bottom SHE IS THREE so it wasn’t cleaned properly today. GD will mention it tomorrow and is going to sudacream H’s bottom tonight and before she goes to pre school tomorrow. I don’t know any 3 year old who could wipe their own bottoms. If they are going to take 3 year olds they should expect them to perhaps need a poo whilst at school. H does seem to need a poo at least once a day.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

I worked in childcare and while we we encouraged them to clean themselves once toilet trained , we would have helped at that age.
    Many children are still in nappies at 3 to be honest, and you wouldn't expect them to change their own nappies and clean themselves!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

She’s very little to be cleaning herself , yes let her have a go but then finish off so she is clean ,
      As Gem said lots of children are still in nappies at 3 ,
      They are just babies they need help ,
      I think your GD needs to speak to nursery about this , poor H must be sore bless her .
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Poor little girl. I agree, they need a bit of help at that age. She could also be at risk of getting a UTI.
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

She certainly needs help at that age.
          Definately have a word with the nursery.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Another thing I wasn’t happy with was that her hands were filthy and she had had her lunch like that. The School is called The Forest School and once a week they go foraging in a small wood adjoining the school. H had eaten her lunch with dirty hands. GD didn’t say anything , she had put cream on her bottom and told her to wash her hands before she has lunch. It is a three tier school, they don’t have selection at 11 so she could stay there if they stay in the area that is.

Comment

Plant, I love the idea of the children being able to get out and go foraging. I'm sure they love it. I hope she doesn't have any ill-effects from eating with dirty hands though.
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, no a bit of dirt doesn’t hurt anyone but surprised they were not told to wash their hands if they were going to eat there. H has had very red cheeks this afternoon, I am wondering if she has slap cheek, it is doing the rounds here.

Comment

You're right Plant hand washing before meals is something they ought to be doing.
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Plant, yes, I agree they children should be taken to wash their hands before eating, and after going to the toilet. I hope H hasn't got slap cheek, and her rosy cheeks are just from being outside.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Plant my friend runs a forest school and all children are encouraged to wash their hands before eating.

I agree with everyone, 3 is very early in toilet training to expect a child to wipe their bottoms throughly. In fact when my lot were that age they were always accompanied to the toilet with either myself and OH to ensure that they were clean, after all 3 is very young isn’t it?
                      Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Working...
                      X