Shorn grandson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorn grandson!

My GS 2, aged 20 months has (had!) long hair. It has been trimmed a couple of times but grows fast. We all like it longer but DD said is was time to have it trimmed again as people were constantly saying What a lovely little girl or Isn't she she sweet etc.

His fringe was so long he could hardly see. Yesterday I clipped it back with a hair slide. DD gave me permission to cut his fringe and the rest of his hair. I said I daren't so she said it was on daddy's list for the following day if not.

This morning DD3 sent photo to hers sisters and me. She wanted to strangle SIL and said it was almost divorce courts!! SIL was cross because he couldn't see why DD was so cross and upset. It looked terrible and such contrast.
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-17 at 15.48.35_7e35ccbb.jpg WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 09.49.20_bb162ad5.jpg WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 11.28.12_b9acb0e7.jpg
    Luckily a local hairdresser was able to fit him in and make the best of it. He was very good apparently
    It looks loads better but for a family who doesn't want him to have very short hair at this age its not our choice. At least it will grow
    He still looks adorable of course. He loves hats so I have sent him a new winter one through the post to cover his poor little ears!

Photos - 1 before 2 after daddy's hatchet job and 3 after the hairdresser!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I think the hairdresser has made a good job.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

She has Plant.
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

The hairdresser did do a good job.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I think he looks lovely with short hair ,
          Daddy did a bit of a butchers job didn’t he , luckily the hairdressers did a good job 😁
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma I don't like him with short hair as it makes him look older. He's our baby!

I do agree the hairdresser did a good job though , and at least it will grow.

Comment

Gem, I'm with you - I'd like it to be a bit longer, but at least the hairdresser's cut will grow into a nice shape. I'm sure his Daddy has lots of talents, but perhaps hairdressing isn't one of the forerunners!
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I love the haircut Gem, not the one his daddy did!!!!

Comment

Gem, do you remember years ago there was an advert for Yellow Pages on tv where a daddy did just that - butchered a child's hair and then he found a wonderful hairdresser (in YPs of course!) who put it right when the child's mum was horrified. It was a well-known actor, but I can't remember his name.
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh Yes!

Comment

Oh bless him. He’s adorable whatever his hair cut.

Comment

We are used to it now, if only his fringe were much longer

Comment

Whoops! Never let a daddy loose with scissors. Still, he looks good now.
                          Our GS 2 refused to have his hair cut after it grew in lockdown so he now has flowing locks and squawks every morning when DiL insists on brushing it.

Comment

He looks quite cute actually having seen him in the flesh now If only the fringe were longer! It will grow.

Comment

Gem - a bad haircut only lasts a week I was told many years ago! And the hairdresser's trimming up has made him look very smart. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                              X