Secondary school places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secondary school places

Somehow GS1 is old enough for secondary school!

We found out this morning that he has got his first choice for September, so he's a happy bunny.
    It's slightly further away than the school they actually bought the house to be in the catchment area for! Having visited both options and spoken to several people, it seems the other is a better fit for GS. Also, all his friends group are going there.
    It's further from his house but nearer to ours! He can walk here on a safe path on Tuesdays from September

Oma, is your GD in the same school year as my GS1?
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem, school places are such a lottery. I'm so pleased he's got his first choice, and it's great that his circle of friends are going to the same school. He'll love being able to walk to Grandma's on a Tuesday!

Our GD2 is a year younger than your GS1 and is sitting the entrance exam in the Autumn for the school her sister goes to - but they've changed the rules since GD1 started and made it more difficult for out of County girls to get a place. It help very slightly that she's got a sister at the school, but putting that school as her first choice means if she doesn't get a place she might also not get a place at her local school. The next nearest is also out of County, and the third "nearest" isn't that near, as in difficult to get to. It's such a lottery, so there must be a huge sigh of relief in your family.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

How complicated Daisy, good luck for her to get her first choice.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Gem, lucky GS.

Daisy,hope GD gets her first choice.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Gem
          Yes GD in same year , she’s going to the same school as GS2 ,
          They are lucky it’s within walking distance .

GS will feel more comfortable going to the same school as his friends I’m sure.

Daisy
          Its such a lottery with school places in some areas isn’t it .
          I hope she gets in the same school as her sister,
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, how lovely that your GD and GS2 can walk to school.

We won't be finding out about GD2's school until this time next year - she's currently in Year 5, but I know time will fly.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
            X