KS2 School carol concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KS2 School carol concert

Yesterday with DD2 and SIL we went to GS2's school carol concert. Now he is in Year 3, no more Nativity in the school hall but a carol concert in the local church.
    They live in a village and there is real community feel about the church.

The concert began with lights down and children walking down the aisle carrying battery operated candles singing Silent Night. Beautiful.
    As well as well known carols which we could all join in, each class performed, a song or a poem and in the case Year 5 and 6 more than one. The Grinch Who stole Christmas was one and GS's class performed Step into Christmas, donning sparkly glasses for the last bit!
    GS was so excited to see us afterwards,and to get my reaction (I loved it all of course especially him) 'I know you love Elton John' he said in a very proud voice as though the class choose their song especially for me
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Aww bless him 😁 how sweet is he .
    I bet you were bursting with pride.
    Nice to have it in a church rather than a school hall x
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Of course, specially chosen by your GS
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Gem, what a lovely afternoon, and one that will stay with you always. I bet there were a lot of leaky eyes when the children walked in candlelight singing Silent Night.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gem, it sounds delightful.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Working...
          X