Another one flies the Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one flies the Nest

GS1 started work a couple of years ago, and has completed his apprenticeship and has totally got into 'work' mode.

Today, GS2 has started his apprenticeship, with 3 or 4 days of Induction courses. He was veering between excitement and terror last night, but set off this morning looking fairly confident. I don't know who's more jittery today - his parents or us! I don't remember feeling this nervous when our own sons were starting their first 'proper' jobs.

Because of Covid, GS2 has never had a Saturday or part-time job, so it will be a huge change in his life.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

One minute they are toddlers and then they are at work Daisy. Hope GS2 enjoys his day.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Thank you Plant. I can't wait to hear how it went for him.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Hope things went well for him.
        One minute they are babies,then off to school,then to work and making their own way in the world.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Time is flashing by Daisy ,
          They go out into the world oblivious to how we are feeling and leave us to worry ,😁
          I bet he’s had a great day , let us know x
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Scary and exciting times for him Daisy!

I hope all goes really well for him.
            ​​​​
            β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

GS2's first day went well. He came home very excited and armed with a work laptop, phone and other stuff. One of the people leading an induction session had problems with his tech, and GS sorted it out for him!

He said the day was really interesting, and it was good to meet other new members of staff working in various areas.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

So pleased he had a good day.

Comment

Oh that is good Daisy
                  Sounds like he’s taking to it and making friends , such a relief for you all x
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Always a relief when you see your children taking the right path in life.

Comment

Working...
                    X