Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a Star!

There's a proud Granny Boast coming up.

As most of you know my GD1 was ill last year (Year 7, so a new school) and missed 6 months of schooling. Thankfully, she's now well and was able to go back to school in September into Year 8.

Yesterday she had a lovely letter from the head teacher inviting her to have lunch with him and the Governors on Thursday for gaining the highest achievement points in her form group. Achievement points are given out throughout the year for girls who work hard, put in extra effort and do good academic work. I think there is one girl from each form group so GD1 has done very well, especially given how much catching up she had to do.

I just hope lunch is something she likes!
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Daisy, that is an achievement!!! Well done to her!xxx

Comment

Oh my goodness Daisy, that is wonderful!

Bless her it's what she deserves after such a horrible time.

I'm sure all her family are very proud.
      ā€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.ā€ ā€“ Unknown

Comment

Well done her, what an achievement after needing to miss school. Congratulations
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Thank you all. I messaged her this evening, and she's so excited about the lunch tomorrow. I hope there's at least one Governor who is interested in Rubik cubes or chess!!
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Splendid news - you must all be so proud. Hope the dinner Iā€™d cotdon bleu

Comment

Sum, thank you. Yes, of course we're proud in a way, but at the same time we never want any of our GCs to confuse pride in their individual achievements with that fact that we love them unconditionally. I know you feel the same, and I'm sure all of our Grannies agree.

But it's so lovely to see her pleasure after the dreadful time she had last year when she wondered if she'd ever be well again.

I shall look forward to hearing all about it this evening.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh my goodness Daisy how proud you must all be ,
                She has triumphed after having such a horrible year last year .
                I hope she thoroughly enjoys her lunch and this gives her a huge confidence boost.

Alovely way for the school to reward hard work.
                Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, yes, it is an amazing school. Both girls have been very lucky - their infant school was lovely with a great Head Teacher (who sadly has since left). and the junior school where GD2 is currently is fantastic, again with a head teacher with vision, leadership and fun. GD2 won an award for academic achievement and the prize was a trip to the bowling alley, followed by MacDonalds. There were 20 children on the trip and just going into Bournemouth was exciting for most of them!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                  X