X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grown up

Today our GS had his last exam and is now officially finished college,
    When did he grow up so much?

Feels like only a couple of years ago we were watching him go into pre school
    So tiny in his new uniform with his school bag almost as big as him.

Hes grown into a caring loving young man almost 19 now ,soon to be spreading his wings and of to University

Our other GS is 6 ft tall and 15 , again he has grown up literally in the blink of a eye

The years are wizzing by,
    Gone are the baby days

GD starts secondary school in September already a young lady , I feel once they go too secondary school they grow up so quickly before we know it both of them will be leaving school also .😢

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oma, I feel exactly the same. Where have those childhood years gone! When we were at DS1's last Friday, GS1 (nearly 20) came rushing in to get changed into his 'uniform' (company t-shirt) as he had to go out to see a client in the afternoon. It seems only last week his mum was having to coax him, aged 4, into his school uniform which he didn't like!

Our GS2, 18, finished 6th Form on Monday after his last exam. Today he's been shopping - for an "interview suit" and he looks so smart and debonair! (I can say that being a proud gran. )

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

That is so true Oma, I went into town with GD1 yesterday, she is a beautiful 6ft girl, I can remember picking her up from school during her first week, she was stood there in a red coat with her blonde curls, so pale faced from the first days at school, what a difference and how fast it all goes.!!!!

Comment

This is when we realise how old we are getting ladies 😢
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Lizzie, the time flies by, but happy memories of those early days at school. I remember GD1 on her last day at playgroup. They were out in the garden and she went round and hugged all the teachers, and several of them were in tears!

Oma, I know the feeling. I'm sure time speeds up as you get older.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Originally posted by Oma View Post
            This is when we realise how old we are getting ladies 😢
            Steady on there Oma.

I can't believe GD2 is 21 this year.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

My eldest GS is over 30!
              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, and I bet it doesn't seem 5 minutes since he started school either. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh we never want them to grow up do we?? It really does fly past

I am thankful for another chance with baby E My 4 GC are fairly spaced out so we have had a baby or small child in the family for the past 13 years. I can imagine how I will feel when the last one is at uni age (If I am lucky enough to still be around )
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, I think each stage is lovely and exciting. Watching them grow is such a privilege, isn't it. I really treasure them all, and watching GD2's personality slowly developing is very special. She's 9 ½ and knowing she's the last one, every day seems precious.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                    X