First sick day for grandson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First sick day for grandson

Yesterday my GS2 had his first day off school sick. He's 7 and in year 2 so not bad going.

He had a cold and earache. He went in today, seemed a lot better but fell asleep early tonight so obviously not quite right. DD1 had him on Sunday and said he seemed pale and quiet ( which he never is) so it started then .
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem. your GS2 ha done very well to avoid all the lurgies and bugs that most young children get when they start school. I hope he's ok today, bless him. xx
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gem as Daisy said, he has done very well considering all the 'bugs' that tend to go around in schools.
      Is he feeling better today?
      Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, he's a lot better but still having some ear pain at night and falling asleep very early. They had to bring him home from school early on the Wednesday so he obviously went back too early. Hopefully the weekend will see him fully recovered.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gemini, I am sorry to hear GS2 is still not 100%, earache is horrible.
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Oh poor boy ,
            Earache is awful it’s so painful , I hope it doesn’t last too long poor little lamb xx
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

They were phoned from school today to go in and give GS Calpol.
              DD then decided to try to get a Drs appointment before the weekend.
              Amazingly they were given one for 4pm today. DD left work early and we took him together. It was a prescribing nurse rather than GP. She said both his ears are very inflamed. He has a 5 day course of antibiotics, and carry on with the Calpol. He was very pale today but seems to be able to carry on!

Comment

It's good to hear of anyone getting a same day appointment at the surgery, but especially for a child. Thank goodness your GS has got antibiotics - ear infections are so painful and nasty. Hopefully a quiet week-end and he'll be feeling much better for next week.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Poor little soul, he must have been feeling poorly, hope it clears up now.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

GS has been very deaf with his cold and ear infection. It was like being with my mum, he either didn't hear at all or misheard.

The Dr asked him which ear hurt and his reply was - 'Year2'!

Comment

Aww bless him ,
                      I hope the antibiotics work fast 😁
                      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Working...
                      X