Baby grandson's first day at nursery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby grandson's first day at nursery.

My DD3 is back at work part time. For the first month they managed childcare between the two of them and me.
    Yesterday GS3 aged 9 months started at nursery, for 2 part days a week. He won't go full days at first. The rest of the week is split between both parents and me.

DD was already anxious about him going yesterday as he is teething and his sleep pattern is disrupted and out of order at the moment.
    I assured her nurseries are used to babies and their phases and sleep patterns.
    She was working a full day and SIL collected the baby halfway thought the afternoon, he said he seemed fine. The staff said he hardly slept and had fallen asleep on the floor.
    DD was very anxious/upset/annoyed to hear this. She says he never falls asleep like that so they must have ignored her wish to put him in his cot to nap.
    We can't know as the baby is too young to tell us.
    I said its early day, give them chance to get to know him and his routines. Also for him to adjust to the very different surroundings to home or Grandma's where he has spent most of his time until now.
    I know DD wishes she didn't have to go back to work at all and wishes he didn't have to go to nursery. I wish those things for them too!
    It's early days, and as SIL and I both said this morning, there are other nurseries of this proves to not be the best for him.

He went down for his morning nap here fine at 10.30, so we shall see how long he sleeps today.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I am sure your DD1 is very anxious handing her precious baby over to the nursery carers. I would certainly want him to be in his cot to sleep, he must have been tired to fall asleep on the floor.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I think its only natural to be anxious about him going to nursery.
      Sis in law and me,were only talking about it a couple of days ago.
      We said we were both lucky and fortunate that we didn't need a childminder/nursery.
      Things are getting so expensive, i understand about both parents going to work.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nan2, my two friends and I were saying the same last night, that we were lucky not to have had to make that decision about our babies.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

She must be so anxious but sometimes Babies just decide to close their eyes and sleep, maybe it was so overwhelming for him he switched off bless him and just lay down .
          As you say if that one doesn’t work out there are others
          It was so different in our day our babies were toddlers before we had to think about childcare .

Fin goes into nursery soon as Clair will be going back to work , she’s dreading it .
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Gem, It must be hard for your DD3's daddy and mummy, and of course you will worry about him too. As for falling asleep on the floor, perhaps he just fell asleep very suddenly and the staff didn't have much warning. But as you so rightly say they will get to know him, and I'm sure it won't happen again.

Although I worked when DS1 was a baby, I was always home to give hime his 10 am feed and back in time for his 6 pm one, and my mother, who lived with us, cared for him very well. Even so, it was a wrench leaving him and I always felt guilty. When DS2 was a baby I worked evenings so he was in bed and of course OH and my mum were home.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

They have found a new nursery as neither parent was happy with that one.
              He starts at the beginning of next month.

Comment

Gem, I hope they feel this one is better for baby E. They must vary, and the first one certainly didn't sound quite right.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gemini, very important they feel happy with the nursery they feel happy to trust them to look after their precious bundle.

Comment

You have to have the right place for him and his parents to feel comfortable leaving him ,
                    Fingers crossed this one will be ideal xx
                    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      They have found a new nursery as neither parent was happy with that one.
                      He starts at the beginning of next month.
                      Gem, I hope all goes well with the new nursery. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gem, hope this nursery suits you all.
                        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Typically he is now seeming more settled at the original nursery!!

They seem more confident about the one he will start soon though.
                          It's a bit more expensive, but nappies and formula are included which they are not at his current nursery so it won't be too much of a price hike for them hopefully.

Comment

Important decision to make, they have to be happy with the charges they leave their precious bundle with.

Comment

The baby seems to be settling well at his new nursery.
                              I got to see it during his first week as I picked him up from one of his introductory half days.
                              I was impressed with the layout and the staff.

Comment

Working...
                              X