Grandson's letter to the PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandson's letter to the PM

On Tuesday morning GS1 and his class wrote a dictated letter to the PM, about climate change. This was an exercise so I don't know if they were intended to be posted.

Inspired by this GS decided to spend the wet lunchtime break writing his own letter!
    This has been posted. His handwriting is frankly almost illegible, so a printed version by DD has gone with the original

This is the letter GS wrote.

Dear Mr Prime Minister
    First of all I am writing this during lunch break (45 minutes) so please hear me out. I am 10 and in year 5 of primary school so this will not be perfect. The point of this letter is to tell you something strikers are also telling you, you are not paying the NHS enough.

What if you get sick or injured and then have to go to hospital, it would be terrible. 1 in 3 people have to wait 4 hours to see a doctor, others have to wait longer. 13% of people who are filling hospital beds with covid 19 or the flu. One day you could be one of them. If you do not pay them better they could all walk out. What happens then? We all die?
    Thank you for taking this to your attention.

Yours sincerely
    E***** G*****

Ps I think you should make some laws about climate change.​

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Well done young man, I hope you get a reply.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

What a clever young man ,I said when he was a baby he was bright as a button 😁❤️
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Thank you ladies
        His mum, one of his aunties and his grandpa are quite political so it runs in the family!
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Please follow this up Gem, if he gets a reply.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Gem, it's an excellent letter. I do hope he gets a reply. xx
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Brilliant. A great future awaits him. Local Cllr at 18, MP at 28. Keep up the good fight.

Comment

Hopefully this letter will get the attention of the Prime minister and guilt trip into taking into account of how the people of the UK feel.
                Most of us are terrified of how our NHS is dying before our very eyes and if a child of ten can see it why can't the people who claim to be looking after our well being see it .
                It's not as if the crisis in the NHS has happened over night, unfortunately just looking back 20+yeras concerns were being raised then but politicians were doing then exactly what they are doing now, burying their heads in the sands .

I really really hope your GS gets a reply from the Prime minster himself, he deserves an acknowledgement for his real concern talking into account he is only 10 .
                Gem you must be so proud of him
                Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Working...
                X