This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nice Things thread

Some of you may remember the Nice Things thread, from another forum. This was inspired by my daughters Nice Things chalkboard in her kitchen.

The idea is to write about happy and enjoyable things which we are looking forward to.
    It can be a big thing, like a holiday or wedding, or a small thing, such as coffee with a friend, or time alone to relax after a busy week. Whatever you are looking forward to, can go on the Nice Things list
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

My nice thing is 4 days away starting tomorrow
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oooh have a lovely time Oma
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

My summer nice things are my holiday, 2 GRU meet ups and going to Wimbledon.
        The first nice thing is having Minx nails done the week after next. A once or at the most twice a year treat to myself.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the birth of our next grandchild - due in 8 days time..
          Grandmothers are just antique little girls - author unknown

Comment

I am looking forward to our 2 meet ups one North and one sarf of Leeds! 2 day spa at Harrogate to celebrate a 40th and 50 th birthday of two of my girlfriends in Sptember

Comment

I must have missed it, are you away yet Oma, have fun and enjoy...

I am looking forward to meeting up through the week with DS and DD with little G and all the other lot.... G hasn't met baby yet so this will be fun, 3 generations my mam will be coming too....oops no that's 4...wow...

Not long Avo....exciting times...
              How does a child spell Love..........T.I.M.E

Comment

I am looking forward to an entirely different holiday in Germany at a town called Cochem in the Moselle Valley. A walking, cycling, sightseeing break with a fairytale castle.

http://www.ferienland-cochem.de/Holi...lle-Valley.htm

Will be taking trips on boats down the river to see Trier and various towns. There is a falconry centre and we will join one of the castle's Feasts. It lasts 4 hours! They will have to carry me home!

As we are in the midst of vineyards there will be a lot of wine
                Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

I'm looking forward to summer, if it comes.
                  Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Hah! As if Nan....apparently it may be nice next Wednesday, get ready to drop everything to go into the sun for 10 minutes at 1pm
                    Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

Nice thing today - trip to Leeds with DDs 1 and 2. Lunch then the theatre. How I come to be doing this is explained in another thread! My gain however, and I am really looking forward to it. OH playing golf as I will be gone all day. Everyones happy

Comment

I had a lovely day with Arthur working at our jobs in the Cathedral here. Very busy as lots going on with Magna Carta, plus a Forces from the 40's show. Some really great people with interesting questions and it wasn't too cold. It can get chilly in there even in summer. Such a vast building.

Comment

Had Sunday lunch at DD very nice it was, my penalty for that lol was to bring g/d home to sleep as its training day tomorrow so a day at the coast tomorrow me thinks!

Comment

I had a lovely day on Sat helping my eldest GS (26) to get some borders dug (I was there only in an advisory capacity). He and his partner have just moved into a new house very close by and he wanted some advice. After the beds were designed and dug we went to buy some plants and I showed him how to plant them. I hadn't spent that much time with him since he was a toddler, very enjoyable and satisfying day. I am very proud of him, he has a lovely partner.
                            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

What a lovely post Plant

Comment

Working...
                              X