Proud of granddaughters fundraising efforts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud of granddaughters fundraising efforts

My 9 year old granddaughter and 3 friends in her class decided to raise money for an animal charity . (I have forgotten which, I will check)
    They decided on a bake sale after school on Thursday - Valentines Day. They and their parents made cakes and biscuits of various types, some Valentines themed, and brought them to school on the day. One of the mums managed to obtain a really fancy big cake from a bakers and this was raffled. The girls hoped to raise £30 although GD told her mum she was worried no one would come and they would raise nothing!
    The raised the amazing sum of £150.
    They are thrilled, and the local paper came to the school to talk to them, and the girls got the Gold Card award at school this morning
    Proud Grandma
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Well done to the girls. Pity there aren't more children like these.

Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Gem - what a great group of girls they are. You must be sooo proud of your GD for not only doing this, but raising so much money.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh how lovely , I bet they are proud of themselves never mind everyone else being proud of them , that's a fantastic amount to raise , well done girls xxx
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

That is amazing, well done girls
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

How proud you must be Gem .What lovely girls.

Comment

Thank you ladies

If I find a link to the article in the paper I will post it here.
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I’m sure you are proud that’s an amazing amount for 3 little girls well done such an achievement , which animal is the hard worked money going to Gem

Comment

Qwerty I was told and have forgotten! We are having GS2 for a while tomorrow, so I will ask then.

Comment

Well done. Super stars xx
                    Always face the sunshine and the shadows fall behind you.

Comment

I keep forgetting to add, it was the World Wildlife Fund

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        I keep forgetting to add, it was the World Wildlife Fund
                        Ok thanks a Gem 🐼🐻🐱🐯

Comment

Well done, a worthwhile charity.
                          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                          X