Birthday presents for teenage GC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday presents for teenage GC.

Next weekend my GD is 16.The problem is what to give her. I have asked her and her Mum but have not been given any ideas. I daren’t buy clothes as my choice would definitely not be hers. Same goes for jewellery. Books,again I don’t know what she likes and anyway most teenagers reading is done on the I- pad these days and she is revising for GCSE’s at the moment.I finally decided to have a little trinket box engraved for her as it is a special birthday.In America they go for Sweet Sixteen in a big way.I shall put a little cash inside it. I have also bought her a personal alarm to keep on her key ring or in her bag. I know it’s not a very exciting gift but if she has one I hope it will keep her safe as possible while out and about.

As the GC get older it does get tricky to think of presents they will actually like Do those of you with teen GC have the same problem?
    .I hope the trinket box will be a keepsake that will remind L of how much we love her.

A trinket box is a lovely present , it will be a keepsake

Comment

I'll move this to Ask a Granny, Clover
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Clover, I think the trinket box, with some cash (always welcome with teenagers!) is a lovely idea. The personal alarm is a very useful gift too.

As my oldest GC is only 8, we are not quite at the teenage stage yet. I cannot buy my 8 year old GD any clothes unless told what to buy though, as I favour more girly stuff than she does. Gone are the days I could buy her lovely dresses in the Monsoon Sale
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Clover, I agree, it's difficult when they become teenagers, and 16 is a bit special I think. (I bet it doesn't seem 5 minutes since she was 6 weeks!)

I think the trinket box is a lovely idea, and I would put on the gift tag something about you hope it will be a reminder in years to come of how much you love her.

By the way - teenage boys are even more difficult to buy for!
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I used to love buying clothes for the grandaughters when they were little.
            The eldest is 23 and the youngest is 15.

I give both of them next vouchers and cash. Also buy the eldest one some scented candles, she loves them.
            The youngest one usually gets a bit extra cash,then she buy what she wants.

Clover,i love the idea of the engraved trinket box.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

The box is a well thought out gift...lovely. when my nephews/niece were in their teens vouchers always went down well...Next, Amazon, mobile fone vouchers etc. I'm sure she'll love your present.
              "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

Love the trinket box idea Clover!What about photo frames ?
                Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

You cant go wrong with Cash , that way they can buy what THEY want not get what you think they want
                  GS1 will ask for something he really wants but we either take him for it or give him the cash to go himself
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

We usually end up giving GSs cash or Amazon vouchers. It doesn't seem quite like a 'proper' present, but they can at least chose something they really want.
                    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                    X