Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've remembered this time to post on the sticky thread.
    Next Monday is the 3rd birthday of my lovely little GGD,mummy & daddy are taking her to Gullivers World for a special day out (just the 3 of them) my DD and I have been asked to look after her little brother my GGS who is just 10mths old.(can't wait)
    It will be the first time he has been left without mummy or his sister,he is such a pleasent placid baby that I'm sure there will be no problems with the separation from mummy or big sister but just to be sure I have been to Banardo's this morning and bought him some chunky cars and a noddy car (its so cute) so he has plenty to play with on his playmat.
    Whilst we where in the Charity shop DD saw a massive road with all the traffic lights and a big digger/truck/and lorry that run on the Road its by Little Tykes and I know how expensive they are we bought the full set for £10 such a bargain,all my DD has to do is find the space to set it up when he comes to play.I'm really looking forward to Saturday,it makes up for the disappointment I have had this past 2 weeks.
    Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

I bought my GGS a lovely toy car in our local charity shop the other day, he was very fascinated by the fact that the bonnet, boot and doors opened. He didn't leave it here, he took it home. When he saw me a few days later he said "car".

Have a lovely time with your GGS Glamm, I bet you can't wait. He will love having GM and GGM amusing him.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

You are both lovely great grandmas Glamma and Plant. I'm sure the GGC love the things you buy them.

I can't believe that little girl is almost 3 Glamma! I bet you will have a lovely time looking after her baby brother.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

How special to have all those lovely moments again with the latest generation of babies, Glamm and Plant.

Glamm, I'm sure your little GGS will have a wonderful time, and lovely for his sister to have mummy and daddy to herself for a few hours.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

To-day my little GGD is 3 yrs old how the time flies ladies,she spent Saturday at Gullivers World with mummy & daddy and I had the pleasure of looking after her baby brother with my DD.
            We are off to visit her this afternoon for tea & cake she wants a pirates theme so that should be interesting. xx

Comment

Have a lovely time Glamma

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Have a lovely time Glamm, have you got a parrot?

Comment

Happy birthday to your now 3 year old ggd have lovely time

Comment

Happy 3rd birthday to your little GGD. I hope you are wearing your pirate hat, Glamm. 😁
                    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We had a lovely afternoon and GGD was so excited with all the people and presents she had received,we also saw DS1 and his wife with my DGD who is 2 weeks younger than my GGS they played together and shuffled about the floor playing with cars.
                      Yesterday we had a surprise telephone call from GGDs mummy asking if DD and I could look after both children as she had a recurring problem with a hernia and she needed to get to doctors quickly so we had both of the little ones for the day,it was exhausting but we enjoyed having the both of them my DD thank goodness is feeling much better in herself,obviously I never had time to even open my lap top yesterday far to occupied by little people xx

Comment

Aww, it sounds as though your GGD had a lovely birthday.

I bet it was lovely to look after them both, Glamma, but tiring as you say!
                        Good to hear that your daughter is much better.

Comment

Isn't it lovely to have unexpected time with our little ones, even though it's tiring. I'm pleased to hear your DD is feeling so much better. I hope you had a relaxing day yesterday to recover.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Spent a bit of time with my GGS yesterday, he is getting quite a character, he has developed a bit of a scowl if he disapproves of something.

Comment

Plant my younger grandson is a good scowler and good at telling us he is Angry!! (mostly happy and smiling though

Comment

Plant - I bet it's hard to keep a straight face when your little GGS starts scowling!

Gem - my GD2 says she's Angry and she almost looks stern - but can't quite manage it!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                                X