Nice to be appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to be appreciated!

After trying to sell our cane conservatory sofas we gave away one but kept being let down with the other .
    I suggested that we put it on the drive with a Free sign over the weekend as it was fine. A man called and said was it right that we were giving it away (yes) and he would like it but darent commit until his wife saw it!
    An hour later they both turned up, she liked it so they took it. They lived down our road so they carried the frame and put the cushions in the car. They wanted to give us something and when we said we didn't want anything they said they would put £10 in the donations at the Catholic church at the end of the road.
    This afternoon there was a knock at the door and the lady was back, with a tin of M&S Belgian chocolate biscuits. She said they were so pleased with the sofa that they wanted us to have something.
    We were happy to give it away, but it is nice to be appreciated
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Oh that’s nice Gemini, pleased that it went to a good home and they appreciated your kindness
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

What a lovely tale of kindness (yours and S's) and appreciation (your neighbours who were so pleased with the sofa).
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Well that was kind of her, and also you both for giving it away.
        In this troubled world it’s nice to hear acts of kindness 😁🥰
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Lovely, so good to know there are decent people around

Comment

So nice to be appreciated.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

That was very thoughtful Gem, when GD2 was a baby there was a pram offered for free in our local paper, being an early bird I got it, unbelievable, it was new! The baby wouldn't sleep in it!!! I still haven't managed to fathom that one out, off I go to pick it up, with a bottle of wine, I couldn't take it with nothing in return. It was a 3 in 1 , real handy in the car as well, when I had finished with it I took it to the charity shop I worked at, it was soon sold!

Comment

Lizzie, what a lovely cycle of 'one good turn deserves another'. I wonder if that pram is still being used for yet another generation of babies.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, it could easily be! It was such a handy size for the car etc.

Comment

Lizzie
                    When our GS1 was born we bought a beautiful second hand swinging crib from a very posh house solid wood with all the canopy and bumper pads in white Broderie anglaise
                    He screamed blue murder whenever we put him in to sleep ,
                    Tried him in a Moses basket he was the same ,
                    He would only sleep on a cushion on the floor or a fur bean bag 🤣
                    Babies are strange creatures 😁
                    Last edited by Oma; 12-10-2023, 07:31 PM.
                    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma's post reminded me that GD1 was absolutely terrified of the travel cot. We had to barricade a single bed with pillows piled all round it.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Isn't it funny what babies 'won't' sleep in?!
                        GS1 wouldn't sleep in his moses basket according to DD.
                        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
                        X