sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

I needn't have bothered!

Collapse
X

I needn't have bothered!

As I mentioned elsewhere we have been gardening most of the day, but ever mindful of the date and thinking about fireworks I left what I was doing to feed Eva early, and take her out for essential business before the bombardment started.

I went round the house closing all windows, curtains and doors, put Classic FM on Alexa (special doggy calming music on tonight and tomorrow), put the telly on in the living room to mask sound and gave her what I hope was a calming massage.

Result! She has slept on the sofa all evening. So have we finally solved her fear of fireworks?

NO! There wasn't a peep of fireworks or even the smell of them this evening.

Repeat performance booked for tomorrow!
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Well what was the chance of no fireworks when the night before bonfire night is a Friday?!

We heard quite a few.

Just think of it as a dress rehearsal Daisy
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Daisy,at least you had a practice run.

We heard and saw quite a few fireworks last night.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Daisy
        We said last night there has been no fireworks in the run up this year ,
        Tonight will be another thing though as our local pub put on a huge display each year and hundreds turn out for it
        All for charity .
        I noticed this year they put out flyers and on social media for pet owners to be aware when it will start and for how long .

Maybe people can’t afford the fireworks before hand this year .
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Plenty around here since Halloween!

Our friends who came the other night had to leave the dog with a family member (and collect her when they left us) as she cant be left alone with the fireworks going off.
          Having only one elderly and very deaf cat it doesn't bother us personally, but I feel for the pets and owners who are affected.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, I often wonder how many cats get lost, or worse, because of fireworks. If they are frightened and run away from their usual territory they must become very disorientated. Then when the fireworks go off night after night at this time of the year they must think the world is ending.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We had a jack russel years ago and the fireworks never bothered her at all, she could go for a walk with all the bangs around her, we get them from October to the end of January! My last dog was another story, oh dear, as soon as he heard them he went into hiding!

Comment

They differ so much, don't they, Lizzie. Of our two Yorkies, Rusty the larger 'out there' one oblivious to them, but his brother Clyde was very frightened.

We've done the same again tonight and Eva has slept until now, and now she's playing with toys.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We had lots of very noisy fireworks here, I wonder how neighbours pets were , it seemed to go on for ever .
                  Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, I feel so sorry for pets and wild animals. They must be terrified.

We went through all the preparations again last night - Operation Fireworks was in full swing. There was only distant noise and Eva slept through that until about 8.30 when a neighbour behind us started setting off really loud fireworks. They only lasted about 5 minutes, but she was still shaking and panting 2 hours later!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                    X