Neighbours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbours

Our neighbours across the road are moving. They haven't lived here as long as we have.
    Now i don't know if its us that are strange or not.
    When we have been talking to them outside we have always said you might as well come in for a cuppa and a chat.
    Times many they have done this. During the summer when it was warm they have sat in the garden with us and had a cold drink.
    Hubby has always commented,they never ask us in their house. They would stand and chat outside but never invited us in.
    What i'm getting at is,do you have cuppa's and chats in your neighbours homes.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Only one neighbour I will go and chat in their house and they are my elderly neighbours ,
    I will go check on them if my other neighbour is having a episode and occasionally they will pop into mine but never more than 30 minutes or so ,
    I will invite anyone in that comes to MY door though ,
    The neighbour on my other side will come in if she needs to tell me something but I have lived next door to her for 18 years and never been invited in hers even if I have taken a parcel in for her etc I just stand at the door .

Im not one to go in peoples houses so it doesn’t bother me , all my neighbours are really friendly nice people even my strange one but none seem to pop into each other’s houses ,

Everyone looks out for each other and during COVID we would ring around checking on each other , so it’s not that anyone is aloof it’s just the way it is 😁
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I don't here Nan2, but have in previous homes, probably because I had children then and you meet the parents of other children.

We are friendly with the neighbours on either side, and 3 doors down (whose cat we look after) but don't do coffee etc. Mind you we keep saying we will ask the couple on the right in but never get round to it!

I think its a bit mean Nan2 that they accept your hospitality but don't invite you back!

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Nan, I had the opposite happen, I used to go to the "friends" regular for coffee and a chat, I must say I was always welcome, but, this went on for a few years and they never came here to visit, it annoyed me and I thought it over for months then she was nasty to me when I had the flu, I told them it was just as far for them as it was for me, their excuse was ........ they never knew when I would be home!!!!! I told them I do have a door bell. When I told DS2 he said " well, they could have thought of a better excuse mum"!!!

I do get on well with most people in the block, always a chat when we meet, I get on really well with M next door, we don't bother each other but are there for each other, this morning she came to the door to tell me what she had done. We have cupboards in the hall, mine has always been handy with shelves etc for storage, some take the door out and use it as a wardrobe, she admired my space and I fancied having shelves fitted, I told her she could try getting a unit or something that would fit in, it would be easier, she came to tell me she had an Ikea cupboard in her spare room and it fitted into the space, exactly! I went to have a look, I knew the old door was down in her shed so I said I would help, a long story cut short, we were covered in dust, had to move things, we managed to get it down from the top of the cupboard, we got it up here but had to ask our neighbour to give us a hand to fit it, he did so now she is really pleased with her storage cupboard.

Comment

What i'm getting at ladies is i wouldn't accept an invitation for a cuppa if i didn't want to return the favour.

Lizzie,well done for getting the cupboard sorted.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I agree Nanto , it’s a bit bad mannered really when you think about it , There are always takers but who don’t give arnt there .
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Working...
            X