sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

'How Gentleman Jack changed my Life' BBC1

Collapse
X

'How Gentleman Jack changed my Life' BBC1

I am of course enjoying the second series of Gentleman Jack, about the amazing Anne Lister a woman ahead of her time.

We recorded and watched the above documentary this week. It follows the stories of four women who came to terms with their sexuality after watching Gentleman Jack.

It was very moving, and I can relate to the lady who was so thankful for her wonderful supportive son and daughter. Sadly not all offspring react in that way.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I loved Gentleman Jack but I’m not feeling it with series 2 for some reason , I’m finding it a bit slow ,
    She was a very strong woman but rather vulnerable too . It must have been so hard in those days you can’t imagine it now but many women and men must have had miserable lives and marriages just to conform with societies expectations of them .

we are so lucky we live in the times we do .
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Gem, I haven't seen Gentleman Jack but I can understand what it is about. I agree with Oma, so many men and women were, and still are, stuck in miserable lives as they must follow the "rules".

Comment

I've only seen very small segments of Gentleman Jack, but it has made me stop and think how difficult life must have been for anyone who didn't totally conform to what society thought.

Gem - the programme about the 4 women sounds very interesting, even though I suspect there was a lot of tears and heartache. I shall try and watch it on catch-up - I'd really like to see it.
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Thanks Daisy. This post is about that programme, not the Gentleman Jack series itself.
          I should have posted a link. I will now.

Six British women rediscover their sexuality after watching drama series Gentleman Jack.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I didn't express myself very well! The programme you've given the link for is what I'll watch on catch up.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Yes, I did realise Daisy and you did express yourself well

I was thinking more of the other posters who mentioned only Gentleman Jack itself .

Comment

Working...
              X