Lovely little boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely little boys!

Those who know me well know how delighted I was to have 3 daughters and how I desperately hoped for a granddaughter when my first grandchild was on the way. My wish was granted and my adored GD is now 7 and a half.
    I looked after lots of lovely little boys when I worked with children - as well as some complete horrors. I never wanted any in my family however!

I was a bit disappointed when I knew GS1 was on the way, hoping for another GD, although I loved him completely once he was born of course. I was even more disappointed when GS2 was on the way - the boys were now outnumbering the girls!

These little boys, cousins, are now 4 and a half and just a year. They are loving, cute and adorable, and I love them to bits. The baby is the sort of baby that even those who don't really like babies find adorable! I would not swap them for all the little girls in the world.
    I was thinking the other night if and when DD3 starts a family, I don't think I will mind at all what arrives. A girl would even things up of course, but I really won't mind, a GS or GD would be welcome. These lovely boys (despite GS1's difficult phase!) have won me over
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I was the same Gem I so wanted a GD but the boys came first and I was totally in love and just couldn't imagine a life without my little men , then GD was born and I was thrilled ,but wouldn't have been disappointed if another boy had arrived 😀
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I wanted grandaughters both times, and so did hubby.I'm sure if either had been a boy, he would have been loved and wanted just as much.

A friend has got 6 grandsons, and never yearned for a girl.
      She has 4 sons and always wanted boys each time she was pregnant.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I admit after 3 Granddaughters 2 from DD1 and 1 from DD2 when I was invited to scan for GD4 I had everything crossed for another GD.I was elated when the midwife said it's a girl.Only for the sole reason I thought how would a boy survive with 3 female cousins. Now I know a GS is never going to happen in our family.
        "What doesn't kill us,makes us stronger."

Comment

I think we probably love whatever we get, even if it isn't what we would have wished for. All our GC are a blessing, as we know
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I love GS's, when I was pregnant with my first, I just took it for granted it would be a girl, all girls in our family, the shock when it was a boy.........but of course when you hold your baby that is it your heart melts, then 3 girls, I love them all equally but if I had never had a DS myself I would never have thought about having any boys in my family, then 2 GD's came along, still DS the only boy in our family, then 3 grandsons followed, there all so different, love each and every one of them too bits.. with 2 DD's still not started a family, I wonder how many we will have....
            How does a child spell Love..........T.I.M.E

Comment

After 2 sons and 2 grandsons, I was convinced grandchild number 3 would also be a boy, so the little granddaughter who arrived was a lovely surprise, but it took me quite a while to learn to shop in the pink aisles, rather than the blue! GD2 arrived to even up the grandcousins. However I wasn't prepared for the fact that my GD1 is not a boy! She behaves differently, gets upset over different things, likes different things and needs different responses from me. It took me quite a long time to work that one out. GD2 in fact, is different again (as, of course they all are), but she is more of a tomboy, and doesn't worry about things like getting her hands muddy, has no sense of fear and no hesitation in saying what she thinks.

I would have been quite happy to have had all grandsons - and in fact didn't expect anything else, but having the girls in the family changes the dynamics and I think we all gain from that.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

DD had 4 boys and then a girl and followed up with a baby boy (surprise baby) the first two are 11mths difference in age so by the time they where 2/3yrs they where like twins and where two mini tornados to say the least she then had the two middle boys after 3 yrs also close together they where all my absolute world and I adore them DGD arrived and it was such a shock I had to dash about looking for bits of pink and frilly stuff,she was not as placid as the boys and I put it down to every one spoiling her because she was the first girl in the family since I had DD we then had little man who was again so loving and placid we never knew we had him (we do now) My boys have no children as yet so maybe we have a girly time in the future lets wait and see.
                Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

Told you a long time ago a gem you would adore the boys when they came I only have one GS but he is the apple of my eye he is 2 now and knows all the planets and what they are made of I'm gobsmacked soz for interfering in your thread lol

Comment

Not interfering at al Qwerty

Comment

That sounds very clever for a two year old Querty
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Doing a bit of 'Housekeeping' around the forum I have enjoyed revisiting some threads.

Since I started this thread I have had a 3rd grandson, child of DD3!!
                        He is almost 2. I absolutely adore him, he is the highlight of my week, BUT I did hope he was a girl when he was on the way

Comment

Gemini, he does sound a dear little boy
                          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                          X