No announcement yet.

Temper tantrums from a grandchild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS seems to have been so much more reasonable lately. The tantrums seem to be a thing of the past. He is growing up. Fingers crossed we don't see too much of them in future
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Light at the end of the tunnel at last Gem.

Comment

Gem - that's great. When you're in the thick of these 'phases' it can feel as though they're lasting for ever!
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

So pleased for you, will not be so difficult to take him out now
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

That's right Plant. I don't take him out often however, as he never wants to go, just to stay here! ! I think it is a combination of DD taking him out a lot, and him only coming to me once a week, so it being something of a novelty.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Re reading my original post, I remember the day well, I will never forget it!!

It is difficult to connect that child with my GS now however. Just over a year later, he is a different child! He never ever has tantrums or is even unreasonable with me. He is with mummy or daddy, occasionally, but it passes quickly and no tantrums.
              I think it is a combination of him growing up, the influence of preschool, and DD and SIL becoming a little firmer.
              I look forward to being with GS1 again now, as I did when he was a baby.

So, anyone going through the tantrum phase, take heart. There is light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Gem - It's good to look at how far things have come in a year. When you are going through whatever stage it is, it's almost impossible to believe it will get better but it does! When faced with angst-ridden parents of sulky, rude or otherwise difficult teenagers I always used to ask them if they know any 30 year olds who behave like that, and they'd invariably get that it's just a phase.

Your GS1 is an absolutely delightful little boy with an active and curious mind. xx
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                X